CHAPTER 5

When Ash arrived at the Oak Corral, he was greeted with a very familiar green pokémon.

'Hey Bulbasaur! How have you been?' The grass pokémon leapt into Ash's arms. He laughed. 'Glad to see you too.'

Bulbasaur leapt off of Ash, and started absorbing light. When it had finished, it let out a big Solar Beam into the sky. Suddenly a herd of Tauros appeared, running at full speed. Ash tried to back away, but it was in vain. The Tauros flattened him.

'Good... to see you too... Tauros.' Ash croaked. Pikachu, Bulbasaur, and his Kalos pokémon looked in concern. Hawlucha started to lift his arms to get ready to battle. 'No Hawlucha,' Ash said sitting up. 'Tauros are all my pokémon.' Hawlucha stopped, but continued to stare at the Tauros.

Ash looked up, and saw five shapes in the sky. When they started to descend, Ash could see the colours of each of them. One was a dazzling yellow, almost glittering, one was orange with a cream belly, one was navy blue with a white underbelly, and two were grey, one with a white belly, the other with a brown underbelly. Ash recognized them. Ash knew them.

'Charizard! Noctowl! Swellow! Staraptor! Unfezant! Hey there!' Ash yelled to the flying figures. They all started to dive down, and landed softly around Ash. 'Talonflame, Noivern and Hawlucha, these may be some of your new friends! Meet Charizard, Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor and Unfezant.'

The pokémon started to communicate, with Pikachu joining in. A very tired Professor Oak came walking to where they all were, rubbing his eyes. 'You're up early Ash. Are you here to see your pokémon?'

Ash nodded. 'You betcha!'

'Of course. Come this way.' The professor started to walk, and beckoned Ash to follow. Ash caught up to him, all his pokémon following him, and went with Professor Oak.

Professor Oak was very intrigued with Ash's Kalos pokémon and asked about them as they walked. 'What moves does your Noivern know?'

'Supersonic, Acrobatics, Boomburst, and Dragon Claw.' Ash said, counting on his fingers.

'Fascinating!' Noivern flew into the sky, did a loop, and flew down. 'So agile!'

They carried on in silence for a bit, Ash lost in his thoughts, Professor Oak looking at Talonflame flying, enruptered.

The pair carried on, this time the Professor marvelling at Hawlucha's gliding abilities. They came to a building, with a very frazzled Gary coming out of it. 'Gramps? Why is it so early?'

Professor Oak and Gary talked for some minutes, but Ash didn't care. He saw his pokémon. He saw his Snorlax, Sceptile, Corphish, Snivy and so many more. Running to the group of pokémon, he yelled, 'I'm back everyone!'

Dozens of eyes turned to him. There was a moment of hesitation, then they all came running to him. His Kalos pokémon stood in front of Ash protectively, but they were pushed out of the way by the stampede. Ash gave each of his pokémon a pat (or handshake, or hug) and a greeting.

Ash spent most of the day at the Oak Corral, battling his pokémon against each other and introducing his Kalos pokémon to the rest. When he finally left, it was almost dusk, the sun about to go into the horizion. Ash decided to go to the pokémon center, to call Clemont and Bonnie, and Serena.

Ash arrived at the pokémon center, Pikachu and his Kalos pokémon following behind. He walked up to the videophone, and dialed to Hoenn. 'Which location?'

'Morpoint City, Serena Yvonne.'

'Calling Serena Yvonne.' A phone symbol appeared. Ash felt his stomach twist. Why was he like this?

Serena's face appeared, looking startled. 'Ash!' Ash froze. Did she not want to see him? 'I was just about to call you!' He let out the breath he didn't know he was holding. Pikachu climbed onto his shoulder, waved at Serena, and made kissy faces, making Ash blush red and Serena awkwardly laugh, blushing slightly herself.

'Hi Pikachu! How are you both?' She asked, trying to change the topic.

'Oh, great! I went and saw all my pokémon at the Corral today. You?'

'I watched some contests so I could get a feel for them. I also met a young girl named Stephanie who is a fan of mine. She reminded me so much of Bonnie! I miss her and Clemont so much already.' She paused, and hurriedly said, 'And-and you of course!'

'Why were you about to ring me?' Ash asked, remembering that Serena was about to call him when he rang her.

'Oh! Right. My first contest is next week, one week from now to be exact. Will you watch me Ash?' Serena said.

'Of course Serena!' Ash said, making a fist and pulling his elbow down in a fist-bump like motion. 'I'll be cheering for you even if you can't hear me!'

Serena beamed. 'Thank you Ash!' She paused, thinking. 'I was thinking about going to Sinnoh or Alola next. Sinnoh because they have contests, and Alola because they don't have anything yet, so I could start it. I could even become a judge!'

Ash was surprised by this. He had heard of Alola, and thought about travelling there to explore. With Serena possibly going there too...

His thoughts were interupted. 'I'm so sorry Ash, but I have to call my mum now, to tell her about the contest. I'll talk to you later?'

'Oh yeah. See you Serena.' She waved, Pikachu waving back. The call ended.

'Hey Pikachu,' Ash said. 'How about we research Alola tonight?'

With a enthusiastic 'pika!' trainer and pokémon walked together to Ash's home. They both ate dinner quickly (even more quickly than usual) and went to Ash's bedroom to research.

The pair found out many things about Alola, and spent the night dreaming of crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches.

Hey guys! New chapter up. I'm not sure how much I like this one. The next few chapters will be focusing on Serena, so not much Ash in these ones. In other news, my uncle had a bleed in his brain. Nothing major he had to go to hospital of course. He'll be fine in a month.

QOTD: What region would you like to live in, and why? For me it would be Kalos or Hoenn. I'm a dancer irl, so I think performances/contests would be great for me :)

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Hannah <3