CHAPTER 33

Ash stood at the entrance to the Totem's Den, Lillie and Professor Kukui behind him. He was waiting for the trial guide to allow him to face the Totem.

'It's rather odd. The sunne pokémon has been stronger for two days now. Usually they battle for strength.' The trial guide stated.

Ilima came through the entrance. 'So you return today. You may enter to meet Totem Gumshoos.'

Ash was overjoyed. 'Yeah!' He shouted. 'Let's go battle the Totem!' He ran into the den, Lillie, Professor Kukui, and Ilima walking behind.

Standing above the pedastal was the huge Totem Gumshoos. It leapt down, and Ash could finally comprehend how big the normal type really was. Gumshoos easily towered over Ash, and was almost taller than Professor Kukui.

'I'm so psyched!' Ash said.

Gumshoos nodded, as if to bow, and went into a battle stance.

'Let's do this! Pikachu, Thunderbolt!'

The attack hit the Totem pokémon, and the Gumshoos used Bite in return. Then it let out a piercing cry, and a Yungoos scurried to stand beside the evolved version of itself.

'Wha-?' Ash was confused. 'Where did that come from?'

Rotom was quick to answer. 'When in trouble or need, a pokémon can call other pokémon to help.'

Ash slumped. 'So I have two pokémon to deal with? Can I send out another pokémon then?'

Kukui shook his head. 'No. It's not a double battle cousin!'

'Looks like we have a tough battle, Pikachu!' Ash stated. 'Electro Ball on the Gumshoos!'

-

It was a tough battle, but Ash and his pokémon managed to faint the Gumshoos and its allies.

Ilima clapped. 'Congratulations. You have beat the trial of Ilima. You may take the Normalium Z from the pedastal.'

Ash rushed up to the pedastal, and grabbed the silver piece of Normalium Z. He swung his hand containing the crystal, shouting, 'I beat my first trial! I have the Normalium Z!'

Both Lillie and Professor Kukui were extremely happy for Ash, but the only thing the boy wanted to get to the pokémon center to call his friends.

He ran to the pokémon center, and gave his pokémon to Nurse Joy, and sat in front of the videophone, and called Serena. It rang a couple times, and Serena's, Hannah's and Crystal's faces appeared.

'Hey Ash!' Serena smiled.

Hannah and Crystal waved. 'So you beat the trial?' Hannah asked.

Ash nodded. 'Yeah!' He showed his piece of Normalium Z. 'And here it is!'

'That's great!' Serena exclaimed, with Hannah and Crystal nodding in agreement.

'Next you'll have to do Kahuna Hala's Grand Trial.' Hannah stated. 'He's a fighting type trainer. I almost lost to him, but my Popplio learnt Disarming Voice, which is super effective against fighting types.'

The Pokémon Center rang out with a quick tune, meaning that Ash's pokémon were healed. He excused himself, and got Pikachu, Rowlet and Rockruff. He heard whispering, and when he returned, Serena wasn't to be seen, and Hannah and Crystal were giggling. Serena's head popped back up, her face extremely red.

They talked for a bit, about anything and everything, when a certain green haired trainer ran to Nurse Joy to heal his pokémon.

'Hey Ash! I heard you beat the trial!' Hau said.

Ash waved. 'Hey Hau!'

'Hau?' Hannah said, in disbelief. 'Hau, is that you?'

Hau looked on screen. 'Hannah? Hey!'

The two caught up for a bit, Hau sheepishly apologizing for not watching Hannah's contests, after a hard look from the brunette.

Serena went to end the call, and Crystal offered to take her friends around the city. They all said goodbye, (Hannah telling her friend to watch her contest) and ended the call.

Ash decided to call Clemont and Bonnie, to tell him the good news. Bonnie's face appeared, grinning wildly. 'Hey Ash!' She waved. 'Clemont! Ash is on the phone!'

'I'm coming!' Clemont yelled back. 'I just have to tw-' A boom rang out.

Bonnie sighed. 'That's the third time today!' Clemont came into view, covered in soot and his hair all poofed up. 'Are you okay big brother?'

Clemont cleaned himself up with a cloth. 'I'm okay. Hello Ash!'

'Hey Clemont! How's the gym?'

Clemont started to clean his glasses. 'Very good, I've seen many challengers win. How are you in Alola?'

'Great!' Ash replied. 'I beat my first trial!' He showed his Normalium Z.

Bonnie and Clemont were confused. 'What's a trial?' Bonnie asked.

Ash explained the Island Challenge to the two siblings, telling them about the trial captains, Z-Crystals, and the trials themselves.

'That sounds very interesting.' Clemont said.

Bonnie chimed in too. 'Yeah! They sound like fun!'

'You know Ash,' Clemont started, 'We saw –'

Bonnie interupted her brother. 'We saw Squishy and Greninja!'

'Really?' Ash was surprised to hear that Bonnie and Clemont had met his pokémon. He missed Greninja terribly. 'How is Greninja?'

'Zyg- I mean Squishy,' Clemont corrected himself after looking at Bonnie, 'Said that Greninja may be released from his duties soon. There aren't many vines left after the Team Flare incident.'

'That means that Greninja could come back to you soon!' Bonnie exclaimed.

I KNOW it's a all over the place chapter. I don't care. I've been wanting to do this conversation for awhile now, but it didn't seem right. So yes, dear readers, Greninja will be coming into the story, but not for awhile. I'm going back to school on Monday, so I will be now sticking to the update scheldule on Saturdays for me. Please do not ask for updates.

QOTD: What animal would you want to have a pokémon counterpart? I would want an animal called a Fantail (New Zealand native bird), or a dolphin.

its adorable

Don't forget to vote and comment :D

Hannah <3