CHAPTER 3

Ash sat at the dinner table, across from Professor Oak, and next to his mother. Grumbling slightly, Gary sat by Professor Oak, complaining about that he could be training so 'he could beat Ash to a pulp'.

The group were chatting pleasantly, talking about Ash's adventures in Kalos. While he was telling them about mega evolution, Gary looked up from the pokéball he was fiddling with. 'So they get stronger? Can every pokémon mega evolve?'

'No, just some special pokémon.' Ash said. 'Charizard can!'

'According to my research, I do believe that Blastiose can mega evolve.' Professor Oak stated. Gary stared at him for a second, then leapt up.

'Oh Gary, do sit down!' Delia said. 'Dinner will be coming shortly.' Gary reluctantly sat down.

'What do you need for mega evolution?' He asked.

'What you need is, a mega stone, the one a pokémon holds, a key stone, the one a trainer holds, and a super strong bond!' Ash said.

Gary stood up, and puffed out his chest. 'Me and Blastoise have the strongest bond! Tomorrow, I'm going to find a mega stone and a key stone!'

A ding came from the kitchen. Delia jumped up and rushed to the kitchen, humming as she went. Professor Oak stratched his head thoughtfully, and said to Gary, 'I do remember reading from a book that each pokémon that can mega evolve needs a special stone. They are also very rare.' Gary slumped.

Delia came tottering slightly, holding stacked plates of steaming food. She put them on one by one, and when all of the plates were on the table, the table groaned with strain. Ash immediately started shovelling food unto his plate, Gary doing the same. 'My goodness Delia,' exclaimed Professor Oak, 'How much food did you make?'

'Only just enough for two growing boys,' said Delia. 'Mimey, are you hungry?'

'Mime, Mr Mime!' Mr Mime sang, grabbing a small plate and started to place food on the plate. Pikachu leapt off Ash's shoulder to do the same.

There were few minutes of silence, while everyone was eating. Ash shovelled the food into his mouth. He had missed his mum's cooking. Although Clemont's food was great, it just wasn't the food he had grown up with. After he had finished, Ash only had just realised that Gary was in Kanto. Wasn't he in Sinnoh?

'Gary,' He looked up from his food. 'Why are you here? I thought you were in Sinnoh with Professor Rowan.'

Gary swallowed his mouthful. 'The Professor let me come home for a bit.' He said simply, then carried on eating.

After the meal had finished, Professor Oak and Gary left, thanking Delia profusely for the food. They also invited Ash to see his pokémon at the Oak Corral whenever he wanted.

Once the pair had left, Ash and Pikachu went to Ash's room. Grabbing his bag, he started to unpack. He took out the case containing all his Kalos gym badges, and placed the case on his desk with the rest of his badges that he obtained during his adventures.

'Well Pikachu, would you like to go back to Kalos again in the future?' Pikachu nodded. 'Yeah, me too. See Clemont, Bonnie, Greninja and Goodra again.'

Ash yawned. He decided to get into his pajamas and go to sleep. He got into bed, and Pikachu curled up right by his head. Tiredness washed over him, and he fell asleep immediately, dreaming of blue ribbons and blonde hair.

The next morning, when the sun had barely risen, Ash was already up, and eating breakfast. He was immensely excited to see all his pokémon.

'Ash? What are you doing up so early?' His mother came into the room, hair ruffled, wearing a dressing gown.

Ash swallowed his mouthful. 'I'm gonna go see my pokémon today!'

'Oh of course!' She made herself a cup of tea, and sat down with Ash, sipping her tea carefully. 'When will you be going?'

'As soon as I'm ready!' Ash leapt up, as he had finished his breakfast. Pikachu jumped onto Ash's head, and they ran out the door.

'Ash, you haven't brushed your teeth yet!' His mum yelled to the door swinging on it's hinges. But he was already gone, running full speed to see his beloved pokémon.

As Ash ran, he sent out all his pokémon, and Hawlucha ran beside him, and Noivern and Talonflame flew beside. He let all his pressing thoughts just slip away, letting them leak out of his head and fall back with the wind. His mind focused on running, one foot in front of the other, arms pumping, not focusing on where he was going, because his body knew the way. 

Hey guys! Sorry that I haven't been updating recently, I'm sick currently, so I feel pretty crap. And in the holidays as well, so unfair!! So anyway, self-pity over now. Thank you so much for all the reads! I didn't think that it would get this many reads in a short amount of time! Soon we'll be over 100 reads, which is pretty insane!

QOTD: What is your favourite Kanto pokémon? Mine's Charizard! (I know... so common)

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Hannah <3