CHAPTER 2

Serena fidgeted nervously, stroking the blue ribbon that Ash had given her. She was waiting in the Pokémon Centre, waiting, hoping, for Ash to call her to talk to her. Maybe he was still talking with Clemont and Bonnie? Maybe their call had ended and he had forgotten about her? Maybe he didn't want to talk to her? Had the kiss been too rash? All these thoughts swirled through Serena's head. Making up her mind, she decided to leave the Pokémon Centre, hoping that she would forget by distracting herself. Maybe some shopping?

Just as she was about to leave, the videophone rang loudly. 'Serena Yvonne, calling Serena Yvonne, caller from the Kanto region.' With an involuntary, 'Ash!', she flew to the videophone, and pressed answer, then quickly fixed her hair and ribbon.

'Hey Serena!' Ash said, Pikachu on his shoulder. 'You made it to Hoenn?'

Serena tried to cover the slight blush by pretending to sneeze. 'Hi Ash, and yeah.' Ash looked slightly concerned.

'Are you okay? You look a little sick. Make sure you don't catch a cold.'

'I'll be fine, besides, I have my pokémon to take care of me.' Serena almost wished she got sick while in Kalos with Ash, just so he could take care of her. All the things she wished she could do with Ash!

Ash looked at Serena, and at her brow furrowing slightly, clearly deep in thought. He had spent enough time around her to know that look. He almost really liked that look. His eyes widened in surprise.

'Ash what's wrong?' Serena asked, 'Are you late for something? If I was there you'd never be late...'

'Oh nothing's wrong. Just realised something, that's all.' Serena raised a questioning brow. 'That I'm back in Kanto!' he rushed. 'I get to see all my pokémon!'

'Do you need to go?' Serena said, her face falling. Ash wasn't quite sure of what she meant. Does she want him to stay?

'Oh! No, I don't have to.' Her face brightened, clearly a lot more happy. Serena put her chin on her palm and her eyes had a faraway look.

'I wish I could visit Kanto soon. I would love to see how much it's changed. It would also be amazing to see all your pokémon Ash!'

Ash stratched his head. 'I guess. Do you remember anyone else from summer camp?'

'Other than Professor Oak? And you? No, not really.' She looked down. 'What do you remember about the camp?'

Ash took a minute to think. 'I remember all the pokémon. Especially poliwag, the one that scared you? There were a few people I remember there. Gary, a couple others who I would be able to recognize by face. And, well, you.' He scratched his head, and wiped his nose with his arm. Was there a tinge of red there?

Pikachu, who prior to this, had just been sitting on Ash's lap peacefully, clambered up unto his shoulder and started to poke his face, while making kissy faces himself. 'Pikachu! Stop it!' Ash cried, flushing a brilliant red. Serena laughed.

'So, how did you meet Pikachu anyway?' Serena said, hoping to spare Ash some embarassment. Pikachu stopped, but stayed on Ash's shoulder. Ash looked very relieved.

'Well, it was on my tenth birthday. I had slept in, so three another trainers got Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur. I had it all planned out, I was gonna choose Squirtle, if not Squirtle, Bulbasaur. But luckily, Professor Oak had a extra pokéball, and that pokéball contained Pikachu. We, uh, didn't have the best start. Pikachu didn't trust me, and it wan't his fault.' Ash stroked Pikachu, and the pokémon made a blissful noise. 'It was only when a group of Spearow attacked me, and Pikachu saved me! We've been super close since.'

'Aw that's so sweet! It's so nice to see how close you two are!'

'Yeah.' They were silent for awhile. Serena fidgeted with her ribbon. Ash played with Pikachu, stratching his tail, and stroking him.

Serena thought about how long they had been travelling together, and now the best they could do is video chat with each other. 'Ash... did you want to leave Kalos?' She said quietly.

Ash looked up from Pikachu. 'Not really. It's always hard leaving each region. Did you want to leave Kalos Serena?'

'I'm not sure yet.' She said. 'I miss Kalos, you, Clemont, Bonnie, Shauna, everyone so so much already. I don't know if I wanted to leave.'

'Did you ask your pokémon?' Ash asked.

Did she ask her pokémon? She had spent hours mulling over the decision, but had not thought once to ask her pokémon. It might've made it easier. Fuming at herself, she sent her pokémon out. Sylveon, Pancham, and Braixen appeared. Pancham and Sylveon jumped into Serena's arms.

'I think your pokémon support you no matter what!' Ash exclaimed. Then, looking outisde, said, 'Shoot! Mum said I had to be home before dusk, and the sun's starting to set. I'll have to call you tomorrow, bye!'

'Bye A-' With that, the call ended. Serena looked outside too, and saw the sun just setting above the horizon. She decided to find somewhere to sleep for the night, and with Sylveon's ribbons circled around Serena's wrist, the four of them walked out of the Morpoint Pokémon Center.

Hey guys, just a shortish filler chapter to keep you guys hooked (hopefully :P). I have holidays starting from tomorrow, so I'll be able to get lots of chapters done! Yipee! Again, if I'm doing anything wrong, or you want to make suggestions, comment below. I decided I might do a QOTD.

QOTD: What is your favourite electric type? Mine's Luxray!

Don't forget to vote and follow me!

Hannah <3