CHAPTER 35

'I am Kahuna Hala of Melemele Island. Do you wish to do the Grand Trial of Melemele?'

'Yeah! I've done a lot of training this past week!' Ash replied.

Kahuna Hala nodded. 'Very well.' he said. 'Come with me, young one.' Ash followed the man to a raised wooden platform in the center of Iki Town. People started to come out of their homes to see the battle that was about to occur.

A man climbed up unto the platform to be the referee. 'This is a battle between Kahuna Hala, and Ash Ketchum for the Fightinium Z. The Kahuna will be allowed to use three pokémon, the challenger can use all of their pokémon. Battle begin!'

'Mankey,' boomed the Kahuna, 'Help me to victory!' He threw his pokéball, and a Mankey appeared.

'Rowlet!' Ash yelled. 'Rowlet?' He pulled off his bag, revealing a sleeping Rowlet. He woke up the grass type, who kooed, flew out of the bag, then landed on the wood to face Mankey. 'Peck!' Rowlet flew in to Mankey, his beak extending and glowing white.

Mankey tried to jump back, but Rowlet managed to peck the monkey-like pokémon on its forehead.

'It is okay Mankey!' Kahuna Hala said. 'Now, Karate Chop!' Mankey's hand glowed white, and the fighting type tried to hit Rowlet, but Rowlet flew away.

'Peck again and again!' Rowlet's beak extended once more, and repeatedly pecked Mankey, eventually knocking it out.

Kahuna Hala nodded. 'Very good, I can see your spirit in the way you battle. Now, Makuhita, aid me!' He threw his pokéball, and a Makuhita appeared. 'Fake Out!' A pair of white gloves appeared around Rowlet, and clapped into the grass type. Rowlet flinched, even when Ash tried to tell him to use a move. 'Arm Thrust!' Makuhita ambled over to Rowlet, and with glowing fists, hit Rowlet, once, twice, three times.

'Rowlet!' Ash yelled. But it was too late, as the grass type had fainted. He put Rowlet into his pokéball, and sent out Rockruff. 'Tackle!' Rockruff ran into Makuhita, and tackled the fighting type.

'Arm Thrust!' boomed the Kahuna.

'Dodge!' Ash yelled. 'Rock Throw!' The rocks around Rockruff's neck glowed, and were hurled to hit Makuhita. Rockruff jumped over Makuhita, who hit itself trying to hit the rock type. It fainted.

Kahuna Hala put Makuhita in it's pokéball. 'I see. Now then, Crabrawler, I choose you!'

It was a crab-like pokémon that Ash had never seen before. Rotom spurted a quick pokédex entry. 'Crabrawler. The Boxing pokémon. A fighting type. Its hard pincers are well suited to both offense and defense. Fights between two Crabrawler are like boxing matches.' It buzzed.

'Thanks Rotom!' Ash said. 'Now Rockruff, Tackle!'

'Power Up Punch!' Crabrawler's white fist collided with Rockruff, and the rock type fell to the floor, fainted. A red aura appeared around Crabrawler, meaning it's attack was raised.

Ash summoned Rockruf back into his pokéball. 'Well Pikachu, you're my only pokémon left. Let's win this!' Pikachu ran onto the field, and went into a battle stance. 'Thunderbolt!'

A bolt of electricity was sent to hit Crabrawler. 'Now then Crabrawler, it is time for our Z-Move!' He did a dance that finished in some punches. A golden aura surrounded Crabrawler, and the crab-like pokémon looked powerful. 'All Out Pummeling!'

A swarm of punches hit Pikachu, knocking the pokémon back. Then Crabrawler began to charge at the electric type. When the smoke had cleared, Pikachu was barely holding on, with patches of dirt clinging to his fur.

'Now it's time for our Z-Move!' Ash did the Normalium Z dance, and Pikachu did Break Neck Blitz. It was too much for the Crabrawler, who fainted.

'Crabrawler is unable to battle, which means that Ash is the winner!' The referee said.

Kahuna Hala sighed. 'It looks like we were not strong enough today.' He said. 'Congratulations young one, I will now present you with the Fightium Z.' He held out the red-brown crystal.

Just as Ash was about to take the crystal, a yellow flash appeared. When it was gone, Kahuna Hala had two crystals in his hand, one red-brown, the other yellow.

'Ah yes, our Tapu Koko is a very fickle creature. Perhaps he has taken a liking to you.' Kahuna Hala said. 'I believe this is the Electrium Z, and now it is yours.'

'Yes! Thanks Kahuna Hala.' Ash said. 'Come on Pikachu, we need to go watch Serena's and her friends contest!'

happy day friends. I got this chapter up on time which was a surprise. homework sucks. There will be three or four more chapters before a large time skip to move the plot and ship moments along. Also thank you for 15k reads! We've been steadily growing by at least 100 per day this week, which is insane. 

QOTD: Do you own any pokémon merch (doesn't have to be offical)? I have three plushies. Two Sylveons, and a Ditto Bulbasaur. They always sit on my bed :)

Don't forget to vote and comment :D

Hannah <3