CHAPTER 4

A/N: There is no airport in Hoenn (of course), so I think I'll make up a town for the airport to be in (yaaaay...). Since I have to make it up, there may be some holes. (I want it to be seaside, so I'm going to model it on Slateport in ORAS.) So sorry for this being so late, I've had some writer's block, darn thing. Also this chapter is sooooo long, I didn't want it to be this long!!

Serena left the room she was staying in, thanking the hotel manager for their kindness. She didn't know what she was going to do today. Walking out into the street, blinking at the sudden bright light, she sent out her pokémon, and Sylveon's ribbon's immediately wrapped around Serena's wrist.

They all started down the street to the Pokémon Center, looking at all the shops and markets around them. When she arrived in the Pokémon Center, the group looked at the map to see where they were situated in Hoenn. The city that were staying in was called Morpoint City, and was the northern-most city in Hoenn, being on the highest tip.

Wanting to know what to do for contests, as Palermo had only told her that there were contests in Hoenn, and that they were like showcases, Serena went to ask Nurse Joy. 'Hello, welcome to the Morpoint City Pokémon Center. May I heal your pokémon?'

Serena shook her head. 'No thank you Nurse Joy. I was wondering how I sign up to contests?'

Nurse Joy smiled. 'What you need to do in turn up to a pokémon contest, and get a contest pass. You can then enter contests, until the pass expires.'

'Thank you so much Nurse Joy. By any chance, do you know where the next show-oops, contest is?'

'Are you from the Kalos region?' Serena nodded. Nurse Joy took a careful look at Serena's pokémon, and gasped. 'You're Serena, you almost beat the Kalos queen! You work wonderfully with your pokémon.' Serena blushed.

A small girl sat on a seat close to where Serena and Nurse Joy were talking. When she heard this, she leapt up and clung to Serena's skirt. 'You're Serena! I saw you in the pokémon showcase! You're amazing!' Big green eyes looked up into Serena's. 'I'm Stephanie!'

'Hello Stephanie!' Serena said, looking down, staring at a girl who looked like a black haired, green eyed Bonnie. Stephanie started petting Sylveon. 'Sylveon likes it when you pat it here.' She started to pat the fairy pokémon on the head. Sylveon cried happily. Turning back to Serena, Nurse Joy said, 'I'm not quite sure when the next pokémon contest is, but I'm sure it will be announced soon. If you'd like, we have some recordings of pokémon contests that were here in Morpoint City.'

'Thank you so much Nurse Joy! I would like that very much.' Nurse Joy left to go get the tapes, leaving Serena and Stephanie to talk.

'Are you doing contests now Serena? Could I watch with you? Pleeeeeease!' Chirped Stephanie, her eyes big, her lip pouting. Yup, Serena thought. Definitely like Bonnie.

'Of course you can come watch with me. Where are your parents?'

'They're with my brother, getting his first pokémon in Littleroot from Professor Birch. We live here in Morpoint, so they left me here cuz it's really safe. Simon said he was going to choose Mudkip!' Stephanie laughed.

Nurse Joy came back with the tapes. 'Come with me Serena, there's a screen player in the sleeping quarters. You can play these tapes there.'

Serena followed Nurse Joy, with Stephanie jumping and playing with Pancham behind her. Braixen had to keep pushing the playing pair forward. The Nurse swung open a door, revealing a room with bunk beds, chairs, and a TV. She inserted a tape in a silver box, and a picture appeared on the screen. Nurse Joy pushed a button on the box, and the image started to move. 'There you go.' Nurse Joy said. 'I best be going now. Enjoy.'