Lunch with Uncle Dave

I wake up and see Daniel opening my blinds.

"DANIEL!?"

"What? You need more light-"

"Why? How did you-"

"I have another key for both your room and mine."

"Why?!"

He apologized with a puppy dog face. Aww...

"Oh and Kath, today is the lunch with your Uncle."

I shot up from my bed, "Oh my GOSH I ALMOST FORGOT! Thank you!"

He smiles at me while I get my clothes from my luggage. I then took a shower and put on my clothes. I stuck with a casual look. I saw Daniel's aviators... I put them on. I didn't put on makeup because that's stupid, especially right now.

"Hey Kath? Have you seen my aviators?"

I walk out and he smirked at me. After that he put his arm around my shoulder and we walked out the door to his car. Once he started driving, Uncle Dave called,

"Kath, don't bring your boyfriend."

"First, he isn't my boyfriend. Second... WHAT WHY?!" In my peripheral vision, I can see Daniel looking at me,

"Eyes on the road DJ." He continued driving.

"Just, don't."

"I'm already here and he's right next to me."

I hung up and rang the doorbell. He opened and he had bloodshot eyes,

"Kath, Shhh." He pinched my shoulder.

Daniel's POV:

"Kath, Shhh." He pinched her shoulder for a few seconds and she passed out in my arms.

"KATHR-" He pulled us into a big, empty closet. I was carrying Kath and it had a small window on the other side of the closet. Concrete floors and walls and one old mattress. He pushed me in and slammed the door. What is up with him? I sat in the corner and Kath was on my chest. After a long time being on my phone, Kath woke up.

"UNCLE?!" She stood up and started kicking punching the door.
"UNCLE DAVE!!!!" She sobbed and slowly came to a stop. I ran to her and hugged her from behind. I whispered into her ear,

"Shh, I'm here... You're ok... It's ok. We'll be fine." She continued to sob, so I continued to hug her. We sat down and I called her Uncle Dave first,

"Give the phone to Kath." I put it on speaker.

"Kath, I know this is taking it to the extreme, kidnapping you and your boyfriend-"

"He's not my boyfriend!!!" I smirked at her.

"Whatever, but if you don't side with me to equalize this situation between your dad and I, you are not getting out of there."

"I want a civilized conversation with you, over lunch. GET US OUTTA HERE. NOW."

"Fine." I hung up and within a few minutes, he opened the door. I held Kath close to me... for safety reasons... meaning I love her and I don't want her uncle hurting her again. I almost died when she passed out. We sat down and there was food in front of us. There was rice, chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and macaroni & cheese. Classic American meal... I think... She put a bit of rice on the side, next to it, a glop of mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. She put some gravy on top of the potatoes and rice. I took a little bit of everything. She started to eat slowly, Uncle Dave kept talking but I'm not listening. I start to eat and its really good. I keep eating but then I start to separate my chicken. I give a piece to Kath and she accepts and says, "Food." She continues to eat. We both pause when her Uncle Dave looks at us.

"Aww, you would be a perfect couple." He teases.

"Shut up." Kath answers.

"How do you feel about Kath?" Kath looks at me.

"Uh..." I don't know what to say.

"Do you like her?"

"Yes, i do"

"Hey, Kath, he's honest. I like that."

"You aren't my father." OOHH BUUUURRRN!

"Anyways, I have been thinking..."

"Are you on drugs?" Kath asked. It kinda makes sense. He went a little cuckoo.

"Why?" He sounds guilty.

"Oh my god, you are."

"So what?"

She stood up and I stood up next to her. I held her waist and pulled her closer to me. She and I ran out the door. As I drove back to the hotel, she kept crying. I held her hand. I love you.