College

Kath's POV:

We had a sleepover, so I find myself awake on the bed. Listening to the light snores and heavily breathing of my friends and my cousin Jolie. We are literally like a family. No, no, no, they ARE my family. My second family, of friends, I guess... But to Clary and Fern, their family and my family are a big family. I could sleepover there whenever and they could keep a secret, like if I go out with Clary and Fern, they tell my parents that I'm at their house. But anyways... I turn around, half-expecting DJ to be there, but then I remember I am home... I frown upon the thought that I would not being able to wake up with him beside me. I guess, I got too used to being with him. I mentally slap myself and laugh at myself, out loud. Maybe a little too loud...

"Shut up!" Sarah warned.

I giggle because I realize that she was half asleep so she fell asleep right away. I tiptoe slowly and carefully to the bathroom to freshen up. I smile when I find my phone easily, as I step out of the bathroom. I tiptoe towards the bedside lamp where all our phones where, charging. All of a sudden, I feel a tickle going up my foot to my ankle. I glance down and scream, a high-pitched scream, as I raise my foot, shaking it violently, to get the spider off of me. Everyone in the room wakes up and I hear rushing footsteps, just out my door...

Shoot...

The door bursts open. And a rush of questions slip out of everyone's mouths.

"Sorry, there was a spider crawling on my foot. Sorry." I hear sighs and groans. I feel sorry because I woke everyone up, from their beautiful sleeping. Sorry guys.

At 10 a.m. DJ texted.

DJ_Dan: Let's skype now!

Kath_Clem: Ok chill.

Within seconds, his face showed up on my screen and I pressed "Decline." Just to troll him.

DJ_Dan: KATHRYYNN PLZZZZZ

Right when I finished reading that message he called again and I pressed "Accept". I stared at the screen, waiting for his face to pop up. His face popped up and I stared at him as I walk up the stairs to my room. Unfortunately for me, my friends didn't leave yet and followed me upstairs. I could hear their giggles. DJ yells,

"Shut up back there!"

And the girls whisper much more quietly, just enough so I couldn't hear them. I jump onto my bed and they close the door. DJ and I just talk about what's going to happen.

"I have to go to college soon..." I frown.

"Aww... I wish I was there."

"I do too... - WHAT?" The girls keep poking me.

"Can I talk to him?" Rosie asks. Then the girls make an uproar of questions and pleading. I put my phone on the pillow si he could view all of us together. We all squish together on the bed. DJ looks at me and smirks. I roll my eyes.

"Hi!" They yell in unison, waving their hands in the air. Oh my gosh... These girls...

(A week later.)

I have both a career and a college course to take. I was on Spring Break, so I have to repack my suitcase and bags to get back to Pennsylvania. I had a scholarship there for some business course... I forgot the name. I have other stuff going on there, but I honestly couldn't care less. I wasn't a party person, I would rather study in my dorm and sometimes in the library so, yeah. In other words, I am a virgin and a geek. I was not usually made fun of because they knew not to underestimate me. I fight back, the way my father taught me.

I step into the car and my parents... Still drive me to the university. I didn't need them to, but they insisted, so here I am. In the back seat of my dad's minivan. It smells very... unpleasant. A mix of sweat and food that may or may not be rotten. I end up taking out one of my body mists and spraying it all around the car. Once the awful smell withdraws from the air, I smile in satisfaction and decide to close my eyes.

"Kat. Kath? Kathryn? Hello? Wake up." I wince at the sudden light that reached my eyes. That voice... was familiar, it was not my dad or mom, or even Paul. I focus my eyes on the shadow in front of me.

"Josh?" I ask.

"Yup, it's me." I could see his smile and the dimples forming in his cheeks.

"AAAH JOSHIIEE!!!" I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly, feeling him hug me back.

"Oh my gosh, so Kath! I, like, heard you went to Paris! OMG! How was it? Were the clothes nice there? Did you buy a Louis Vuitton for me?!" He shoots me more questions, without letting me talk. Oh my god, I missed Joshie. My favorite gay boy, who just happens to be my perfect roommate.

"Okay, I'll tell you the story once we unpack in our rooms ok?" I assure him.

"Ugh... fine..." Joshie is a macho guy and very handsome. (He doesn't like me saying that, he wants me to say "sexy" instead.)  He is very well built, I don't know why he even works out... Probably for attention. Which was why the campus counsellor let him be roommates with me. The counsellor didn't discriminate unlike others and she has a very flexible personality. I don't argue with anyone, unless I had to.

Once we got all my baggages up to my dorm, I said my goodbyes to my parents and Paul too. They left in a hurry to do something but I wasnt listening... I totally zoned out... I don't even know how I still get the grades I get...

Just then, I get a text from my dad.

Your customer is going to visit you at your college, tomorrow, so get ready.

Ok.

I was just about to panic when I remember that it would be the same presentation that I did before. So I had nothing to worry about.