Tournament

DJ's POV:

"What happened?"

I try to explain and so does Katsumi, but we try to talk over each other, so Coach did not understand a word.

"Daniel, you are my best player on this team and you lead them, correctly through the games." Coach says to me. I had a little bit of hope until he says," But since you were the one who landed the punch... Today you are benched-"

"NOOO!... Fine..." I whine as I make my way, walking the through the path of shame all the way to the bench. Katsumi smirks at me as he walks across the field and I just loom at Coach and he walks over to me.

"One chance. Tell me what happened."

I explained to him that he was teasing me and that he would not stop bugging me. He was starting to get on my nerves and,

"I guess, Coach, I just snapped. After I punched him, I realized what I just did. I am sorry Coach."

"Ok, here's the deal. You practice with them and when we are in the tournament, I'll call you in when I need you and instead of Vicky being on the bench, Katsumi will."

"Deal." We shake hands and he walks away to tel Katsumi the news.

-----------------------

(After practice.)

I come home hungry and as soon as I open the door, the delicious smell of corned beef hits my nostrils. Mmmmmmm! My favorite.

"Mum, were' s JC?"

"In the Lou." Whoa, ok I shouldn't have asked.

I walk upstairs when Kath calls me. I jump onto my bed and accept the call. She's in her dorm, I am guessing, since it doesn't look like her room. I run my fingers through my hair and then I hear a girl in the background screaming, "OH MY GODDDD!!! ITS ACTUALLY DJ!!!" I smirk. Then Kath turns around, I see a guy. Is he, her friend, or something more?

"This is-"

"I am Josh."No... My heart drops into my stomach, I don't want to see this. She slaps his arm.

" Oh my gosh, that hurts Kat! Stop it!!! Urrgghh" He's gay? I felt relieved and smile. Now I think I can trust him.

"Kat?" I ask.

"My college colleagues call me Kat. Like, back at home, in Chicago, they call me Clem. You call me Kath."

"Because I am special?" I ask.

"Yes!" She chuckles. Her smile makes her so beautiful. I love her.

"So... I heard you took care of my little sis." I widen my eyes.

"Sister?" I ask Joshie.

"Ugh. He's my broster, brother and sister. We are a friend family, since we are so close, we are like siblings."

"So, how's your brother Paul?"

"Haha! You still remember? But he's good. So, how's your brother... uhhh was it JC?" She asks me and I nod, proudly of myself.

"He's also good. I guess."

-----------------------

(Skipping through the games.)

DJ's team is winning, but the lost 3 games. This is the final game, they are in the top 3 in the finals.

(At the Basketball Tournament.)

Puff puff. I am a step closer to just shooting this last hoop and we could win this game. I dribble the ball, passing player through player and pass the ball to Tate. He stays in position, as planned and then passes to Michael. He dribbles, and one of the offenders almost steals the ball, but Michael does an overhead pass to Katsumi. Katsumi dribbles to the hoop and the crowd goes wild.

WHAT NO! THAT WAS NOT THE PLAN! HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO TAKE THE WINNING SHOT! NOOOO!!!

We huddle up, and I glare at Katsumi, he smirks back.

"COACH!" I yell.

"KATSUMIII!!! THAT WAS NOT THE PLAN!" Coach yells at Katsumi.

"Ehhmmm... Sir-"

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO PASS TO DJ!!!" Coach scolds.

"But we still won."

"YES... BUT NOW WE GAVE THOSE INSTRUCTIONS SO YOU WOULD LEARN NOT TO BE SO EGOTISTIC BUT NOW YOU HAVE FED YOURSELF TO HAVE A HIGHER LEVEL OF EGOTISTICAL STUPIDITY."

"But umm, sir-"

"FURTHERMORE, YOU ARE SUSPENDED FROM THE TEAM."

"WHAT? NO!" The team lifts him up and throws him back into the court.

I drive home and rest until tomorrow comes.

Hey guys, I haven't had an Author's Note in a while. I'm sorry this is short, I have horrible excuses, but here goes one: I am with my cousins. But now, I would like to ask a favor for those of you who read and enjoy reading my book. My favor is for you to ask others to read and vote on my story, I would very much appreciate it. I'll keep updating everyday. The more votes and reads I get, the more happier I am, and the more longer and better the story. Thank you guys! Keep voting and commenting!

-Unicorns and Watermelons. (And Warm Hugs too.)