Chapter NINE

The suspension was over. It finally ended, with Claire being grounded for a little bit more, which obviously didn't apply on her. She still snuck out, even though she had to take the back door or the front door even.

It was Monday morning and Claire woke up early for some odd reason and decided not to waste a whole amount of time.

She just stayed in her room, huffing everytime she went down on her hands, stressed her muscles and came back up.

She continued doing pushups, eyes focused and sharply looking at the wooden floor until her phone went off on the bed. She tilted her head, not stopping what she was doing, and just breathed harder while staring at the phone. Did she care about whoever was calling? Absolutely not.

Her phone went off multiple times before she rolled her eyes and got up mid-pushup, pushing her self from the ground and walking towards the phone.

A
Swipe to accept>>>

Claire sighed, answering.

For a moment, they both waited for each other to speak up, silence settling down. But not for long.

"Adam." Claire greeted.

"Claire." He said with the same tone in his voice.

"Good?"

"Good. Uh?"

"Hm." Which meant that she was good too.

"School t'day." He mumbled and Claire was about to nod to herself.

"After week of suspension."

"Get it straight. The day to finally beat some ass."

"Not today." And Adam could actually hear the smirk through the phone.

"What do y'Mean?"

Adam and Claire, when they spoke to each other, especially through the phone, they never really cared about the sentences. They just stuck to using short and small lines as much as possible.

When Hailey was around, it always made her confused and she would ask them again. So instead of repeating to the girl, they started talking in big sentences around her.

"Pretty boy. Gotta know his name. Gotta make him mine."

"Whoa, calm the fuxk. He's not the popular guy out there but he is surely one of the richest. As Hail said."

"Do I sound like I give a fuxk? I want to know him. And I wanna have him to myself. Not that bad plan." Claire told him.

"Okay then. Ditching the first class?"

"Probably. Didn't buy art supplies. Gonna ditch."

"Cool."

"Did... Did your dad take it alright?" Claire hesitated because she knew he wasn't that comfortable talking about his dad.

"He-uh- he didn't take it well. I-I won't be staying here for a week."

"Where then?"

"Mom's place. Also her birthday."

"Wish her mine."

"Got you."

"School?"

"School." Claire ended the call and looked at the time. She had half an hour more.She decided to turn the tables and reach school early today. Maybe. Maybe not.