Chapter SIXTY FIVE

Chapter 65 is here to snatch ya wigs

..jk

A/n I tried drawing Lucas, not my style at all. Looks like some kpop idol NVM. I'm into realism :)

Also if you're confused about what's going on, you'll understand in the coming chapters. Please be patient, I need to build up the story chapter by chapter.

Beads of sweat drifting down her forehead, Claire walked in the cold of the starting winter. The wind rattled against her, disturbed mind searching for hope in the midst of total chaos.

The winter had really gotten everyone to stay in their warm houses, and so the streets appeared blank and abandoned. As the sky fell, Claire retreated her hands from her sides to rub them together, even when she was sweating. The contrasting effects on her made her feel drained out and feverish.

She walked to the empty ground and sat on a bench with her head in her hands and fingers digging through her hair.

How will she ever tell anyone about this? Was this why Lucas was acting weird? Did that son of a bitch hurt Lucas?

"Claire? That you?" A slur was heard which made Claire snap her head up to look  at a very familiar figure stumbling towards her. He was drunk and had his phone in his hands. "It better be you."

"What the fuck are you doing here?" She growled, sitting up to glare at him.

"Is that how you treat someone who knows your.. deepest and darkest secrets??" He chuckled.

"Nate, go home."

"Not without knowing what your problem is with me." He crunched his nose and Ceased his eyebrows together. "Do you hate me so much?"

Claire sighed. All she wanted was peace of mind. She wanted a plan, someone to hold on to.

"You're drunk. So shut your mouth, I don't want anyone hearing you." She looked around and stood up face to face. "Don't utter a word. Someone might be watching."

"Who? It's me and you. There's no one to stop me today. I want my answers. You ruined everything for me, but now what, am I the bad guy?!" He yelled, his face turning bright red. "Do you think I'm that weak to not fight back? Merely."

She rolled her eyes. "Why don't you then? You're a coward. You're incapable of fighting me."

"Y-you think I'm a coward?" His phone slipped through his fingers and landed on the ground next to their feet.

Silence.

Pain.

Remorse.

Hell was breaking loose, and Claire wanted nothing more than to just take her words back. She knew she hit a nerve. She was losing her mind. Out of all the people existing, she had to fall for a rich blue eyed boy who's father was ready to stab a knife into her brain, and now this.

"No I-"

"I didn't want to hurt you back then. Never did, never intended." Nate gritted his teeth. "Now I do. I want to hurt you until you beg for mercy."

"Nate calm down," Claire started, but she didn't get a chance to complete her sentence when she suddenly pushed her back on the bench. She winced the moment the rock hard surface hit her and stared wide eyed at him.

"If it wasn't for me, you would have been behind the fucking bars, you ungrateful bitch." He placed his both hands on her either sides on the bench and glared. "Do you want me to remind you how much of a coward you are? You were so afraid to refuse. You were the cause of Vincent's death. Yet, you dare make my life a living hell?!"

"I didn't kill him." She breathed, already feeling vulnerable for the first time in few years. She hated this feeling, she hated it so much, her eyes turned glassy.

Nate laughed bitterly. He brought his hand to her neck and grasped it in one go, which made her gasp. "You'll see what I'm capable of, today."

"Let go."

Her heart shattered when he leaned and brought his lips next to her ears. "Don't you love to see me in action?"

"No, don't." She tried, weakly pushing his chest which didn't seem to work and she gasped for air. He bent down and bit her lips, tasting her blood and groaning right away.

"Do you even realise how much I've been wanting to hurt you lately for everything you've done?"

She tapped his hand that was curled around her neck which didn't seem to loosen, and her hot tears cut through her skin on her cheeks. She could taste her blood and her salty tears while she breathed cold air helplessly.

"Y-you're no diff-ferent than your brother."

Nate froze, looking into Claire's eyes. She couldn't see him because all she saw were stars due to lack of oxygen. She felt numb, but he felt number.

He suddenly let her go, and stumbled back and away from her. "Oh shit, what was I doing? Fuck, fuck fuck!"

"Go home." She wheezed out. "You're.. you're drunk. And don't talk about it again."

....

Chandler yawned, walking home while tugging his bag on his shoulders and lazily chewing on a burrito. He was extremely hungry and totally drained off his brains by working at that cafe. More like every worker wanted to flirt with him, and the customers were barely guys, everyone just watching his every move and admiring his looks.

It didn't creep him out, but surely tired him to know that he was the talk of the cafe, no matter who visited. They would throw in compliments and try too hard to get with him.

..But he was here for money, not for love.

Anyways, he was tired, all he wanted to do was go home and take Claire's bed before she sleeps.

A hooded figure passes by, and he snapped his head to look at the guy. He looked familiar and Chandler knew who it was. It wasn't hard to guess that it was Nate Moore himself, except he looked disheveled.

He didn't bother himself to stop Nate and have a word, instead he just continued walking as if he hadn't seen him or he didn't know who it was. But Nate had walked out from that ground that falls on the way to home. Chandler shrugged. He had nothing to do with him.. or did he?

He saw another familiar figure sitting on a bench and he narrowed his eyes to take a good look.

"Claire?" He wondered, and walked towards her, only to find her barely conscious. "Claire?!"

She took a deep breath and stood up. "Chandler?"

"Are you okay?" He wrapped his arm around her to help her, but she pushed him away grumbling beneath her voice.

"I'm fine, just leave me alone."

"Leave you alone? Are you okay? Was it that Nate I saw just-"

"No! It's not!" She yelled, walking ahead of him.

"Claire, listen, what's wrong?"

"Nothing!"

"Did something happen? Are you hurt? What's wrong?"

Claire sighed. He wasn't going to stop asking, after all, he's her older brother and know how protective they get when it comes to their siblings. So, now Chandler wasn't gonna stop until she would tell him.

And that's why She always felt comfortable around him. He always listened to whatever she had going on, and would help her out in every way. If something, Chandler was always there for her. He was there when Vincent died, he was there when she was broken. He was always there.

"Everything. Everything is wrong." She mumbled, which Chandler definitely heard.

"Let's go home." He smiled, taking off his jacket and handing it to her.

She didn't deny the jacket, she just wore it and followed her cousin brother home. For some reason, she felt safe.