Chapter FOURTEEN

Chapter FOURTEEN

Sean was so damn sure he had heard Claire say a million times that she couldn't care any less. But here she was, holding him by his collar, snarling at him like he had just killed her cat. He knew how Claire was, so he decided he would just go with what she wanted him to do. For now.

The second bell rang and they all realised they were in trouble. They were lucky no teacher had caught them yet. The corridor filled with little panicked whispers as all the students shuffled around hectically.

Sean handed the books back to Lucas, the boy hesitated at first but took them anyway.

"I'll get you back for this, Claire." Sean scowled.

"Sure, now get your ass out of here." Claire rolled her eyes. "Don't even try to spare a glance at him again. I'll gouge your eyes out."

!!!!  shot a weary look at the both of them before huffing and walking away. He had a reputation and he would not let it sink by some self-centred pathetic girl.

In the end, the only ones left were Claire and Lucas. It kinda got awkward, Lucas just standing there, staring at his books too shy to say something. Claire sighed and picked her bag up from the floor and swung it around her shoulders again.

  Glancing at her watch, she raised her eyebrows.

"Aren't you getting late? I'm sure you don't wanna miss it." She spoke, looking at him as if he was a gem. Well, his eyes resembled sapphire...

"Uh.. m.." Lucas cleared his throat, gulping. "I-I sure am."

Hearing him whisper like that, Claire felt herself smirk.

"But, you still are standing here. Do you wanna be here? With me?"

She watched as Lucas' ears turned a bright shade of red as he blinked.

"N-No, I... er... I just ..."

"It's fine actually. I was kidding." She gave him a lopsided smile. "But really, you are getting late."

"I just wanted to thank you." He mumbled, glancing at her.

"Go ahead then." She said.

She loved playing with his emotions on the way gaining various expressions which amused her to no end. She watched the way he stuttered over his words, played with his books and looking around nervously.

"Thank you."

"Welc-"

"You didn't have to do that. I didn't need your help."

Claire raised her eyebrows, ready to laugh at his face, but showed no emotion.

"Really?"

"Yes. I would have managed it." He muttered.

"Did you even look at what you were doing?" She pursed her lips.

"I did." He gulped again. "Uh.. I have to leave. Thanks again."

He didn't want to get embarrassed in front of her now. He did see what he was doing when Sean  had slammed him against his own locker. It did hurt him. But all he did was plead Sean to let him go. That was a pathetic move, and he knew it.

"Leaving so soon now, aren't we, Leo."

The boy, who had already walked a couple steps away from Claire, stopped and turned around.

"It's Lucas."

"Oh right. Leonardo."

"What...?" he frowned. "It's Lucas."

"I'm pretty sure that's what I said."

"No you didn't."

"I did." She smirked again. "Also, I am leaving. Got some class to attend."

She never wanted to leave... but oh well.

"Right."

"Hope to meet you again and soon." And she winked at him. For the second time that day.

----xx-----

It wasn't long before Claire was being confronted by the teacher, and being the person she was, obviously not caring, replied as rudely as possible.

Damn, she wanted to get back to the corridor and play with Lucas' emotions.

She went back to her assigned place- unfortunately- where a guy her age, with slick black hair and brown eyes, was trying not to freak out. Claire always sat in this bench with this guy, but he never introduced himself and nor did she make a move.

He would try to hide his face for crying out loud, and would move to the edge of the table, far away from Claire.

Not like Claire minded that. She just enjoyed the space she was being given. She enjoyed being the one the guy was scared of.

But she couldn't see the reason though. She had never even come across even a tiny bit close to hurting this guy. Maybe he was scared because he witnessed her fights?

Or maybe he is just a scared little freak.

Claire internally rolled her eyes, slamming her English text book on the table making the guy flinch.

She didn't know why he was the way he was. And she couldn't seem to give a fuxk about it.

"Your pen." She pointed at the pen, which was now on the floor, obviously talking to that person.

"Huh?" He snapped his head up to look at her with big eyes. Or in other words, Bambi eyes.

"Your pen fell, bruh."

"Oh- oh I-I'm sorry. I'll pick it up."

He bent down, grabbing his pen as fast as possible and put it into his stationary pouch. He turned around and stared at the board.

Raising her eyebrows, she gave a look that said 'I dont know why you apologized but whatever'. But She offered a small nod and stayed silent.

A few minutes passed, and Claire noticed that he noticed she was staring at him. His breath hitched and he duck his head down pretending to read his text book.

Claire stared because she wasn't afraid of doing so. She just wanted to know why he was so scared around her.

No, no. She still didn't give a fuxk that he was scared... She just wanted to know.

.
.
.

.
.
..

I just found out there a few mistakes. Some sentences are in past tense but some are in present.

I don't even know how to put ^ this into a sentence.

I will be editing it once this book's completed.

Seeya! Iloveya!

Happy Halloween :) 🎃