Chapter NINETEEN

Sure the night was fun, being with the adorable- uh - guy, spending time in the carnival and all, running together, hand in hand, but Claire didn't know how to convince her parents. Yes, convince them to let her go to the trip. So she just decided to surprise them. She hoped it wouldn't surprise- surprise them, like give them a surprise sudden attack... Yeah.

She actually decided to walk up to them on Monday morning with a bag filled with her clothes (all of them were actually leather jackets but whatever). And that's exactly what she did and here she was, standing in the kitchen while her dad propped down his cup of coffee on the table to stare at her.

"You mean like a school trip?"

"What else do you think? I wanna run away?" That would be a great idea.

"You never know what a teenager like you can do." Her mother shrugged her shoulders while contemplating with her thoughts.

Was she really talking to Claire? The Claire? Who would all day rather sulk in her room under the covers huffing out smoke eventually while holding a cigarette in her hand. Until it burned her skin alive.

"I would have run away long back if that was really my intention. Maybe in the future, but right now I don't care enough about it." Claire gave a boring expression.

"I'm amused." Her father commented.

"Who would have thought?" Her mother agreed with her husband.

"I just want you any one of you to sign in this paper. I'll be back in a week."

Her father stopped halfway to lifting the pen she offered. Claire should have probably mentioned about this long back.

"Young lady, one week?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Well, yes. Uh... We'll be tripping towards the coast." She informed, standing in her ripped jeans, a plain dark blue shirt with plaid as a jacket. For a second her parents thought she had changed. That was until she had slammed her Duffle bag on the table making his coffee tremble.

"Oh."

On the bright side, they were delighted to finally be living peacefully for a week. A day would have also been more than enough.

However, once a parent, always a parent.

If she won't come back home, there's gonna be shit load of drama that'll be taking place which would obviously involve cops.

No biggie. No biggie at all.

"I'll be expecting you right here, Saturday morning." Her mother folded her arms. The idea of living in peace was appealing but she still stuck sort out her thoughts on whether Claire was trying to disappear into thin air in the name of a school trip and never come back.

"Sunday." Claire deadpanned.

"Morning." Her mother demanded.

"Evening." She rolled her eyes.

"Fine."

Her dad finally signed the paper and she was ready to go.

***

"Dad?"

"Mom." Adam replied to Claire, telling her that it was his mother who let him come to the trip with her. Honestly, she didn't know what she would be doing alone if he wasn't going with her. There was no sign of Hailey, and that made their hearts drop a tad little bit.

"Think Hailey will show up?" Claire questioned, as they stood far away from the group of grade twelve students, trying to figure out where exactly they'll be heading.

"I don't know. Her parents are quite chill about it."

"uh-huh." Claire hummed, nodding her head. "Text maybe?"

"Yeah, stole words right out of my head." He said, while pulling out his phone.

The next few moments went by silently typing away on the phone while Claire gazed over the school bus standing prepped up, ready to take off. How likely were they to travel in the school bus?

399% out of 100.

Just when Claire thought she was done with the trip and shit, that one something changed her mind completely about the whole deal.

No doubt, that when a sleek, lustrous black Aston Martin pulled up in front of the school gates, left everyone present, drooling over it. Like no kidding, everyone were drooling over it. The annoying chatter of the students turned down as everyone paid more attention to something much more attractive that had ever arrived in their school.

"Adam." Claire elbowed Adam, not even stealing a glance at him.

Adam looked up from his phone, at Claire, her eyes fixed, curiously watching as the roar of the car died down. Then, the car doors slipped open, and Lucas Fxking Clark stepped out with his bag around his shoulders, casually.

Stunned. Everyone were dumbfounded.

It was 'casual' until Lucas lifted his head up and took a minute to notice the startled expression on everyone's face. And that made him widen his eyes and instantly look down at his shoes. The question was,

How did he manage to gather so much attention?

He knew it. Agreeing to be driven to school was a bad idea. Now everyone were gonna ridicule him, weren't they?

"Take care, Lukey! And Con!" Someone yelled from the driver's seat, as they rolled down the car window, and drove away.

"Yeah." Lucas gulped.

To say he was creeped out by all the looks was an understatement.

.
.
.
.
.
.

New year update x1

HAPPY NEW YEARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you guys for 12k . God bless ya *cries*

Another new year update soon xxx