Chapter TWENTY THREE

"Photography is prohibited, sir." A man spoke, as he stepped forward in front of Lucas, making him raise an eyebrow.

Damn, he could even raise an eyebrow... an eyebrow. Which is almost rare, honestly.

"Uh, I do not intend to violate rules but.. I do not wanna click any pictures." Lucas smiled nervously, trying to convince the man that he wasn't gonna just go in and click pictures for no reason at all.

He just wanted to go and click pictures.

"Oh I know how much of that is true... sir." The man replied back. "I have dealt with this before, and I'm gonna deal with it now too."

"Uh, huh." Lucas nodded as if he understood.

"May you lend me your camera for as long as you wish to be inside this museum?"

"This is just an art museum, chill mate." Connor argued, trying to stop the guy from cutting Lucas' head off. "Also, I can make sure he doesn't use 'em"

"Them?" The man frowned. "How many cameras can a person carry around?"

"If ya ask meh, a person can carry around more than one, like a fifteen or twenty, but no. Lucas has only one. What would the boy even do with the cameras and no skill?"

"Shut up, Connor." Lucas hissed, making Claire snicker quietly behind them.

The effect Connor's burn had on Lucas was amusing. Well, she would rather have Lucas burn her.

"Listen, kid, all I want is your camera, it'll be safe, promise." The man spoke with annoyance clearly heard in his voice. Maybe Lucas can give in.. it's just art museum, unless this place contained something extremely valuable.

"Uh, Leo, just give it. You're killing patience and time." Claire rolled her eyes, butting into the conversation. "What are you gonna do anyway, taking pictures of this building, I doubt will have any godly art. No offence."

She shrugged waiting for Lucas to listen to her. And she stood, expecting him to shake his head and sa something like 'nay, not gonna happen'.

Instead, even before Lucas could react, Connor was snatching away the camera and handing it over to the guard.

"Keep it untounched, will ya? It's more worth than this entire museum perhaps."

"Are you kids trying to call the museum cheap?!" He almost hollered, making Lucas widen his eyes and Connor to flinch.

"Time to move," Adam called out, out of nowhere, pushing past Claire, with Hailey tagging along to him.

"Get in, guys, we don't wanna cause commotion." Hailey chuckled nervously grabbing Connor and starting to pull him in.

"Claire, come on." Adam waved his hands at Claire who gave in with a roll of eyes.

The last, but not the least, Lucas whispered an apology before getting in and following Adam.

***

"Logan." Claire leaned on the wall beside a painting, while Lucas examined it by his eyes.

"For the last time in the world, my name is Lucas." He scrunched his face, trying to focus on the painting.

"Not gonna stop me from calling U anything but that." She cracked a smirk on her lips which he didn't fail to notice. He almost choked on his own tongue...

He said he was afraid of the popular kids in school. He never denied that they weren't good looking.

He avoided the eye contact, and moved onto the next painting. At far off distance he could see Adam, Hailey and his own beat friend talking loudly. Well, it was mostly Connor and Hailey.. Adam just kinda looked around, to be honest.

"How come, you never look at me when we talk?" Claire asked, moving to stand next to him.

"Uhh... Well.. I don't.. I don't know." Lucas stuttered.

He was currently looking at an acrylic painting, where a little girl was holding a woman off a cliff. Most probably trying to help the woman come back to safety on the ground.

"Cut the bullshit." Claire said, making Lucas flinch. Her voice surely cut through his ears. "Look at me."

The demand was simple. All he had to do was flick his eyes to meet the buring hot flame in Claire's eyes. Just one look.

But he bit his lips, not responding.

"Logan, look at me." She said again ad there was in no way she was angry at him. "Liam, come on, one glance."

Lucas gulped.

How many names did she know that started with the letter 'L'?!

"Levi,"

No response.

"Lewis,"

He completely ignored her calls, and walked to the next painting. Or so he thought.

Next thing he knew, as soon as he stepped away from her, her hand gripped his wrist in one swift move, and she was so strong that he stumbled back on his feet, hitting her chest.

His cheeks instantly turned pink while Claire enjoyed it.

"Let me go." He tried, in a manly way. She just pulled him into her and breathed his scent, which made him shiver from the creepiness.

"Lucas, look at me." She purred in his ears.

He knew he was gonna die. And the reason to his death was a panic attack caused by the extreme closeness of the bad girl of his school who just, may he add, called him through his real name.

For once in his life.

The name rang through his ears and he repeated it again in his mind. He liked the way her tongue rolled when she said his name.

Her words set him off guard and his blue eyes widened so large, he turned to look at Claire in one whipping move.

Click!

Claire held the Polaroid Camera to his face, clicking a picture. She instantly let go of him, smirking with a victory.

"A camera!" He whispered yelled at her.

Claire pulled out the photo and waved it around until they could see it.

And there he was, Lucas, his eyes sparkling and his jaw line killing Claire from the inside.

..
.
.
.
.

Omg Hai GUYSS

DEDICATION: TO ALL OF THEM WHO ASKED FOR UPDATES OVER THE TIME!

I got many requests to update this book.

I'm so happy that it hit 20k like ohmygod! I hope that U love reading this as much as I love writing it ❤️

This wasn't a best chapter tho, but I'll edit soon!

(Guys do you ship Lucas and Claire? Decide a ship name maybe 😉)

Love y'all!