Chapter THIRTY FIVE

Chapter THIRTY FIVE

For those who have forgotten that this story exists ;-;
Summary: Claire is the badgirl of the school in LA, and she finds Lucas... (Fast forward a little) Adam and Hailey are Claire's best friends she has known since 10th grade... Nate Moore is the sworn enemy of Claire who also gets into fights with Adam. Sean is a bully, but he decides to help Adam visit his family during School trip to San Francisco.
Lucas is Brady Carson Clark's son, a billionaire, but he doesn't seem to act like it. His personality totally changes when he gets drunk.
Connor is Lucas' best friend, but he ain't as much of a nerd. He is a Bookworm, reading all the science facts and partying is his life. Swearing is in his blood because he's from Ireland (no offense but they take pride in this sooo)..

Recap: all of them are still on the trip. Sean Claire and Adam return from Adam's old house.

Now:

Claire was questioning her existence when everything between everyone in the car turned extremely awkward. It wasn't like Adam never shared any information with Claire, just that he had never opened up to anyone else.

Let alone Sean who quietly whistled in the backseat, trying to ease the tension.

"So... Can we go back to our hotel rooms? I already rang up our p.e teacher telling him we're back." Sean asked in-between his whistling.

"No." Adam replied, staring at the steering wheel in front of him, his hands frozen.

"... I'll leave then?" Claire muttered, her voice seemed irritated.

"No."

Claire rolled her eyes and clenched her fists. "What now? I'm tired, you fucktart."

"Okay, listen." Adam breathes out shakily. "You guys are not talking a word about this anywhere."

"... I don't know. Who are we not supposed to tell?" Sean frowned. "I don't think anyone will ever believe in this."

"Adam, you're overthinking things." Claire cautiously said. "It's not going to reach your dad."

"What if it does?"

"What if it does?" Sean repeated after Adam, totally lost.

"Consider me dead."

"Consider me out of this car." Claire sighed, finally opening the car door and barging out. "Don't fucking stop me, I'll stab your pretty faces." She grunted.

"..." Sean just blinked and turned to look at Adam.

"...." Adam gave a longer pause.

"Do you have anything to say?" He asked.

"I'll hunt your soul down if anyone even has a mere idea of what happened today." Adam half heartedly growled. "Not a single word."

"It's not like I have anyone to share this shit to." He rolled his eyes. "Besides, I don't think anyone cares that you visited your family."

Adam chuckled humourlessly. "You don't know."

"...I do not?" Sean chuckled back. "Tell me."

Adam just cringed and looked out the window. "Thanks." He mumbled, which wasn't even heard.

"What?" Sean squinted his eyes, trying to read Adam's lips in the dark.

"I said... thank you."

***

"Claire, what the fucking hell?" Hailey hissed, putting her cigarette down. "How long were you guys out today?"

It was an expected reaction, really. Claire had ignored every text she sent the whole day, trying to figure out better ways to help Adam. And ofcourse, Adam didn't want Hailey to know where they were.

Even though she was like family, she was that one family member who cannot keep secrets.

It's either accidentally or its just a drunken mistake.

"Uh, I have no clue." Claire mumbled. "Besides, I don't care."

Hailey watched as Claire flipped the duvets and got in.

"You've been ignoring me and Lucas the whole day, you know." Hailey started. "It not only annoyed me, but made the poor boy very upset."

How ironic. He was totally enjoying the whole day, no fear, no interruptions, no delays.

"Did it now?" Claire slowly asked, thinking about it for a second. "Was he upset?"

"Upset indeed. He kept waiting for you to return, but fell asleep. Poor lad suffered." Hailey finished, with a slightest bit of imitation of Connor's thick Irish accent.

Lucas was the happiest boy out of everyone today. He hit the hay before anyone could even breathe in hotel air.

"...I.. uh.." Claire scowled at herself. Why the heck did he stay up so late? It was not good for his precious health. And it was.. her fault?

"You know what, don't apologize to him tomorrow. Just make sure you stick to him."

"Thats clingy." Claire rolled her eyes. "I ain't bout that life."

And there they went again, words stolen right out of Connor's.

"Oh what is it tomorrow?" Claire asked, halfway through drifting into sleep.

"You know, travelling into the forest section in the outskirts."

"Will it be fun?" She asked.

"You bet."

Imp note:

I have something very special for y'all to read in the coming chapters. Let's just say I'll update a little more frequently.. :)

Keep reading, yeah? I'm so sorry for the delayed updates.

You guys are marvellous
56k is insane.

Love,
S