Chapter SEVENTEEN

"Stop following me!" Lucas shrieked, walking faster. But what made him think that Claire wouldn't catch up to him? Claire rolled her eyes swinging her arm around his shoulders casually and pulling him closer.

"Well, we all are heading towards the same place, aren't we?"

"I never offered you to do so." He gulped, turning away from her feeling uncomfortable under her touch.

"I didn't even ask you." Claire retorted, slowly snickering at the boy's savage mode. "So we going on the giant wheel?"

Lucas just shrugged.

While the two of them made their way towards the ride, Connor and Adam trailed behind, Connor thinking that he was going to die. Adam could easily crush him into pieces. But he couldn't help but notice the uneasiness in Lucas' eyes and feel concerned.

Even though it was a good thing that he was indirectly getting hit on by a girl. By Claire Cooper.

"What's going on with'em?" Connor questioned Adam, seeing the whole scene in front of him. Claire was holding Lucas quite close to herself which made Connor tilt his head towards the side while following them.

"What?" Adam raised his eyebrows, looking at Connor.

"Why... I mean why is Claire sticking to him like that?" He gestured.

"That's a question to ask..." Adam blinked. "She isn't sticking to him. She's being friendly."

"Friendly? Claire?"

"Yeah. This happens once in an eternity. Isn't it obvious? She likes him." Adam replied in a 'duh' tone.

"W-what....?"

"You heard me. Don't you fucking tell him." Adam gritted his teeth at the boy who flinched a little at the look.

"Never." He promised trying to chuckle... But if this guy kept up that look on his face, Connor would take no time pissing himself off.

After that little, but awkward talk, the four of them reached the wheel, which stood there, tall and lit. It really didn't take long to figure out that if anyway there was a chance that Claire and Lucas would end up in the same ride, then there wasn't any.

Because the moment it was their turn, a man who was collecting tickets, stopped the two of them.

"Guys, five at once." He said, holding his hand out.

Claire raised her eyebrows and looked around, realising their group had only four of them. That meant some stranger would be accompanying them.

She sighed, as they walked into one of the cart and sat down. She noticed that there were two long seats, enough for six, but anyways.

The other girl sat down next to Connor and Lucas, which left Claire to sit next to Adam. In other situations she wouldn't mind, but right now, she didn't like it.

And when she says she didn't, she meant it.

Lucas breathed in relief, throwing his arms around his best friend for his dear life.

The girl, who they didn't know, had a bored expression, obviously a bit off about how she couldn't go with her friends. One glance at Lucas and Connor, she smiled sweetly at them.

The thing that made Claire frown was the two guys smiling back at the girl.

From what Claire knew, Lucas was an introvert and he would always run away when they meet. Lucas was shy... Or was he?

He did smile right back.

Claire's expression hardened.

The whole ride till now ended up Claire throwing burning daggers at the- now uncomfortable under her glare- girl. The girl would glance at Claire, twitching her lips trying to keep up a flat expression and then go back staring outside.

Awkward. It was awkward and uncomfortable.

They all heard how everyone else were screaming as the cart reached the tip of the wheel, so high from the ground, yet no one uttered a word. That was until Connor slowly started whisper talking to Lucas.

"Where next?"

"Home." Lucas replied, wanting nothing more than to be in home and away from Claire and Adam.

This was getting a bit too uncomfortable.

"Well, how about one of the games?" Adam butt in, throwing his opinion.

"How about no?" Claire rolled her eyes, turning to face the group. Maybe giving a break to her glare.

"What do you mean no?" Adam questioned.

"No means an act of denial expressed through verbal exertion."

Silence.

There settled a stunned silence in-between them.

Except for the girl-who-seemed-like-a-third-wheel's snorting, like she was amused.

"You know, that was the longest and most complicated sentence I have ever heard from you." Adam commented, ignoring the snort.

"Fuck off." Claire grunted, facing away.

Claire would barely utter a word on a regular basis, if she did, they would contain some offensive words, which totally put everyone off guard. She doesn't mean to pull off this rude persona.

It just happens when she doesn't like the situation she is in or if the person would be really annoying.

In other words, her rude personality slips out when the person's a pain in the ass.

"We can always grab something to eat."

"Are you hungry?" Lucas asked Connor.

"Yup."

"But you just ate a whole tub of popcorn!" He frowned.

"I'm hungry now!" Connor rolled his eyes. "Are... You... Like are you both tagging along?"

"Sure, if you insist." Claire smirked as Adam nearly scoffed. He was sure as hell enjoying the way Claire was leaving no chances of boosting her charm on Lucas. Though it didn't seem to affect him in any way.

He knew Lucas would need time to tune into being around them.

"Hey kids! Get out of the ride! It's done!"

Maybe they all rolled their eyes together for the last time of the day.

.

..

...

....

Heyyooo

@ jollyangels your wish had been heard loud and clear! Here ya go! :))

Also all the mistakes will be edited soon :/

VOTE, COMMENT AND LOVE!

-shesaid_hesaid