Chapter SIXTEEN

I DON'T KNOW WHY but I sometimes think I should continue the chapters where I left them. But I don't know what to write...??? So I end up writing abt the next day... ;-;

If only the above paragraph makes sense.... *Sigh.*

Vote and comment :)) 💙

Chapter SIXTEEN

Claire had texted Adam and Hailey, asking if they could hang out somewhere to kill the time after getting kicked out of her boxing classes.

Adam agreed whereas Hailey told them that her parents were forcing her to a formal party. That, wasn't anything new.  Hailey's family being filthy rich, she always had an option to choose from.

But dammit, she was so stubborn that she always chose the hard way. She loved challenging herself so much, she always ended up either in trouble or in pure satisfaction.

Hailey's parents provided her with everything she ever wanted. Yet, she chose to work for herself.

For Adam, well, he wasn't in the nicest situation. Let's just say his dad was not such a humorous person.

"Claire, your hands." Adam pointed out, pulling Claire out of her thoughts.

"huh?" She blinked.

"Your hands are bruised, for god's sake." He rolled his eyes.

Sometimes, Adam tried too hard not to care, but he couldn't help but be the person be was.

"Uh, yeah..."

"You fought without gloves again, didn't you?"

"Yeah, kinda."

"Who was it?"

"No one."

"Fine. Be like that." He huffed.

Adam was tired of asking Claire to wear those things while fighting, like gloves. He would always end up getting pissed because she would never listen.

For now, he could do nothing but continue walking along the roadside, beside Claire. They had agreed to meet up in the small carnival festival, going on in a bit further away from their school.

Adam and Claire saw how the lights lit up the place, like stars in the night. Actually, the sky had turned dark already... And The giant wheel was practically glowing as people continued to chatter , talk and laugh as they did so. When they entered the carnival, they looked around curiously, watching groups of people playing certain games and others screaming in the air.

"Seems fun." Adam commented, pointing to the shooting game. "Wanna try?"

"Nah, the prizes are useless. Who the fuxk wants a teddy bear?" Claire rolled her eyes.

"There are other prizes. Also, you know we aren't playing to win shit." Adam retorted.

"Uh." Claire shot a boring look, while following Adam towards the stall.

"Game for two." Adam said to the person who was in the stall, and dare he not say that the person looked no more than 20.

"Sure." He replied, passing two fake loaded guns towards Claire and Adam as they each passed a dollar. "What are you gonna aim?"

"Claire, aiming for?" Adam asked slowly, positioning himself.

"Uhm..." Claire pondered for a second. She looked over every option that was hung on the wall with a balloon which they had to burst to get the reward. Well, the only thing she saw that caught her eyes were a pack of colour pencils. And she remembered that she had no art supplies for her art class. "Guess the colour pencils."

"Ah, the colours." Adam repeated it to the person, and he nodded. They had six fake bullets to burst one balloon. And it was no use killing any other balloons.

"Adam, it's you or me." Claire smirked, challenging him.

"Mhm." Adam agreed.

They pulled the trigger together, everytime trying to hit the target set by Claire. The last time they came to a carnival, it was Adam who had set the target. He actually chose a glass ball, insisting that he had to gift it to his mother on her birthday.

Adam had won that day. So Claire was all set on winning this time. She wasn't very fond of colours or shit. That was the only good option she could choose instead of bright, sparkly and glittery teddy bears which she hated from the core of her heart.

No reason to hate, but they were a bit too pink for her liking.

Claire's fifth fake bullet hit the balloon. But the victory was plain fluke. They both knew that they weren't any good at aiming which made them laugh.

By laugh, they don't laugh-laugh. They kinda just growl at each other with a stupid grin on their face.

Which made Hailey- their third friend who's not certainly forgotten, nope not forgotten- feel weird.

"There ya go. That was a good game!" The guy cheered, pulling out a good pack of colours and handing it over to them.

"Damn, you got me." Adam playfully shoved Claire backwards. Claire snickered, pushing him too with equal amount of force which had Adam Yelp and stumble on something. Or maybe someone.

"Ow! Watch your step, man!"

"Oops, sorr- Connor." Adam raised his eyebrows. "Connor?"

Claire tilted her head and watched as Adam recognised the 'Connor guy' from somewhere.

"Eh?" Connor hesitated, before offering forced smile. "Hello?"

"You're..." Claire butt in. "You know Lucas, don't you? You sit with him in the lunch...?"

Adam and Claire stood beside each other, staring at Connor. Which kinda lightened a spark of fright in the poor guy's heart. Hell, he didn't even know why the two popular arse guys were asking about his best friend Lucas.

"He... Uh..."

"Con, I bought tickets for the giant wheel." Lucas said, sneaking behind Connor, only to be met by two faces he didn't wanna meet. Never ever.

"Hm... Uh, Lucas, this is Adam... And uh, this is Claire. And yea, I know Lucas. This is lucas." Connor did the hand gestures, awkwardly introducing them to each other.

Lucas widened his eyes at them. Guess the night just got interesting.

"Adam, how'd you know the boy in blue shirt... What's his name?Connor?" Claire asked, totally ignoring the fact that the latter was right in front of him.

"Science lab partner."

"Great then." She beamed at Lucas. "We got company."