Chapter TWENTY NINE

"Adam, I'm sleepy." Sean complained, fake yawning but ended up yawning for real. He used his hands as a pillow and closed his eyes in the middle of the dance floor.

"What the hell?! Wake up, you ass, this isn't the place to sleep!" Adam grabbed his shirt and started shaking him, panic evident in his voice. "Wake up, dimwit!"

"Nnnsgg"

"I know you're awake." Which actually meant 'why am I even trying?'

"Hashtag exposedddd!" Sean laughed, clutching his stomach again.

"...What the.."

Adam blinked and cringed at his face, while finally grabbing his wrist and pulling Sean with him.

"Stay close. And search for Lucas."

"Lucas the Luser? See what I did there?!!"

Now Adam was really annoyed and totally done with handling a laughing Sean. He was done. He was done for the day.

Why was he the one to take care of people at the end of the day?! Then again, Claire is trying her best too. But he doesn't think she's putting any effort at all.

She must be taking a smoke outside the party and patiently waiting for Adam to show up with a puffed up looking Lucas Clark.

"Shut up or I swear you're going down the sea and I'll be the one choking you in it." Adam hissed making Sean's eyes widen.

That was the end of every bubbly laugh Sean ever had, and Adam was just satisfied with the peace, aside from the music of course.

Adam's phone buzzed again, with Claire calling him.

It was a great day so far. He wished he could see tomorrow.

"Yes Claire?" He answered meekly, the alcohol still playing with his head just a little bit.

"Lucas."

"Sorry what?"

"Haha. Tell me you didn't lose him."

"Okay I will just shut up then."

And the line went dead with Adam's hopes of ever getting forgiven by his bestfriend.

"Adam," Sean called out.

Rolling his eyes in annoyance, Adam gritted his teeth and turned to look at the clinging boy to his right arm.

Instead of a pouting face, Sean had on a puffed up face, and he was blinking tearily at Adam which concerned him to no end. Obviously, someone with a tears would concern anyone, but this was different.

"My stomach is churning."

"No, no, control it, I'm taking you to the bathroom!"

-------

Lucas opened his Midwinter sky blue eyes, sunlight painting his skin with gold charisma and the shadows of his long eyelashes falling on his cheeks.

The bizzare weather of heat and light made him squint his eyes hard. He groaned and shuffled a little, so that his feet could peek out of the duvet he was covered with.