Chapter EIGHTEEN

"What's the reason you decided to have fun?"

"What do you mean?" Lucas raises his eyebrows at Adam because really, who asks such a question to anyone? Yes, Lucas had to read, but he also had to take a break from studying so much so Connor suggested they go to carnival slash fair which obviously had to be interrupted by Claire Cooper and her best friend.

Who, he must add, is as much scary as her.

"Next month we'll be hitting exams, don't you wanna read?" Adam said in a duh tone which made Lucas roll his eyes. Of course roll his eyes internally.

"We still have like three weeks left."

"Right." Adam sighed.

They stood in silence, waiting for the waiter to pass their burgers over to them. Claire and Connor were waiting, somewhere far away from them.

One thing that Lucas knew was that Connor was a straight up trouble maker. Whatever he did, even though non-intentionally, would turn out to be a disaster. leaving him alone was never an option. But he did believe that Connor was fine with Claire.

He still didn't understand why did they choose to tag along. Like why? Why did they wanna hang out with two losers?

Connor was a book worm, filled with scientific facts and annoying quotes, always reading one or the other book with his rimmed glasses resting perfectly on his nose. And Lucas was just similar- striking off the glasses and facts- he loved wearing warm sweaters. He carried his bag filled with a sketch book and various pencils everywhere he traveled.

Occasionally he would wear a flannel which made Connor jump with joy like a five year old on Christmas. He truly appreciated it when Lucas wore something different.

"Here you go, guys. Sorry for making you wait!" A guy in blue apron walked towards them giving an apologetic look.

"You do realise that its been more than half an hour, I don't approve this shit."

Lucas widened his eyes at Adam as he glared at the guy. He didn't want a fight, not here, not now! He won't be able to handle it. He'll probably end up being crumpled.

"A-Adam," He started before getting cut off by the guy.

"Hey, I said i'm sorry, didn't I?"

"Well, you should be. You gotta be. Or maybe that's why no one ever comes to yours."

"Look, man, I apologized long back. I think you should leave."

"Adam, come on." Lucas smiled nervously, picking up the burgers and tugging on Adam's shirt. "Let's just leave him. I'm sure he meant it when he said he was sorry."

"Yeah, man, listen to him."

Adam threw one sharp look before being pulled away by Lucas who was practically dragging him with trembling and sweaty hands. Until, he stopped walking and suddenly let go of Adam.

His expression changed from nervousness to terror.

"Connor?!"

He threw the packet of burgers on Adam's chest not even giving him a moment to catch it and took off as he blinked in surprise.

"Eh?" Connor chuckled clearly straining his voice.

"What is wrong with you!" Lucas threw his hands up in the air and Claire was impressed by the obnoxious side of him, while she stood right next to Connor.

"What the fuck happened?" Adam came in from right behind Lucas and stared in bewilderment. All he saw was that Connor was trying hard not to look guilty, and a food stall on the ground.

"I told him no, He didn't listen." Claire said simply as if it explained the mess that had been created. "At least the person who was looking after his food stall isn't here."

"I was away for like 15 minutes." Lucas stated.

"Half hour." Adam corrected swinging the bag of burgers over his shoulders like nothing had happened.

Lucas wanted to slap his forehead, rip his hair out and scream at Connor until he died. How was he gonna handle this?

"I just wanted to try this." Connor pointed out to the game which was a bit too close to the food stall.

'Pick it, Hit it!' was written on the sign board next to the game. There was an all too big hammer and instantly Lucas knew what had happened. He groaned.

"Why?" He mewled, as Connor offered a smile scratching his head. "You knew you couldn't possibly lift that thing! I'm sure you tried, stumbled back and fell on the stall bringing it down with you!"

Connor only nodded while Claire had an urge to laugh.

What made the four of them jump in fright was the manly voice sounding from a distance who came running from across the street while wearing a frown on his face.

"What did you do to my stall?!" He roared in rage. "I'm calling the cops!"

"Guys, time to run!" Lucas screamed, as everyone snapped into reality and turned around to pay attention to the boy.

Lucas was damned that he sensed it before that something horrifying was definitely gonna hapen, now here he was, grabbing the first person he could reach and started running towards the exit. Run, Run for your life.

The other two followed, brain dead, as the man kept yelling out for them to return. Oh hell no, they were surely not turning back now that they were half way to exiting the carnival. They didn't wanna suffer behind the iron bars.

Their parents wouldn't appreciate it.

Adam watched as Claire was having a hard time keeping up with Lucas' speed. The boy was way too fast than anybody can every think as he pulled her along with him, holding her wrist as tight as he could. It was surely painful but Claire was too lost admiring him to notice it.

They had to leave.

They had to leave as soon as possible and Connor was slightly sulking in the background. That's how he ended up being Connor's boost. Adam grabbed Connor's hand just like how Lucas did and made a run.

When they were quite away from the place, they all came to a halt, breathing heavily, feeling like they were running a marathon.

Adam stared at Claire and Lucas, looking at how they were still holding hands, pausing in the middle to gaze at each other.

"You ever planning on letting go?" Claire smirked.

"Oh, shiz, sorry." Lucas whispered swiftly pulling away.

.
.

.

MERRRYYYYY CHRISTMASSSSSSSS ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️🎄🎄🎄

AND I UPDATEDDDD !!!!!!!!

Vote, comment and love!!!!!!!!!!!! 🔔