chapter FOURTY THREE

the chapter you've been waiting for forever.

Also.. I put in A LOT OF EFFORT IN WRITING THIS CHAPTER ONLY FOR YOU GUYS.

HOPE YOU LIKE THISSSSS

COMMENT, VOTE AND LOVE!!!!!

Adam leaned against the wall, huffing out soft breaths and holding his ringing phone in his hands. He quickly put it on vibration mode.

"What the heck just happened?" He scrunched his face.

"I have no idea." Claire replied, a drunk Lucas clinging onto her neck.

"Wait, are you okay? Didn't you tell me that you tripped?"

"I am." Claire nodded.

"Then what is that?" Adam asked, pointing towards the cut on Claire's wrist, blood oozing out of it little by little.

"Uh.. it happened when I tripped."

"Do you think that's okay?"

"Yes."

Adam just sighed. He was almost done with this bullshit.

"You know what, I'll call Connor and ask him to take Lucas to their room, and meanwhile you should come with me." He spoke. "That cut looks like it'll bruise."

"No, it's okay. I'll show him the way." Claire whispered softly, surprising herself with the tone.

It was a wonder-struck to Adam as to how much Claire can go from a bitchy-boss-attitude to a pleasant and kind human. The thought was so scary, especially to Adam who had been there for her in every situation, but had never seen this side of her.

He took a step forward and pushed Lucas down to sit on a bar stool. Lucas obliged, even though he was frowning at the force Adam used on him.

"For a fact do I know that not only is he tired, but you are exhausted. For once, Claire, let me help you." Adam spoke ever so lightly, ignoring the buzzing phone in his hand. Instead, he lifted his other hand and took a hold of Claire's cold and frozen hands.

"I've told you a billion times, you need to help Lucas, not me. Help others, those who actually need you." Claire huffed knowing well that Adam was a stubborn ass person and he would not give up so easily.

But she also knew that she was the only person who could cut down his inflexible behaviour.

"You keep telling me to help others. When will you let me help you?" Adam pointed out, starting to comfortably rub her hands to the warmthness they deserved.

"I told you, I don't need your help!" Claire growled. "I brought him to the party. I'll take him back to his room, because he is my responsibility. And please answer your fucking phone."

With that, Adam let out an amused chuckle, totally satisfied with the pissed tone she used on him. He wasn't sure where everything right now was coming from, but he knew that something deep down snapped when she pulled her hands away from his rather harshly and grabbed Lucas.

He stared at his own palms, while Claire stormed off, practically dragging the poor guy with her.

"The least you can do is appreciating my gesture." He muttered bitterly, but he realised that there was no one else but him present there.

Something strange started sinking a tad bit inside him.

***

"Love, please get me a glass of water." Lucas slurred lightly, trying hard to turn into a state of soberness, but it didn't seem like it was working.