chapter FIFTY SEVEN

HAPPY CHRISTMAS MY BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL READERSSSSS!!!!!!! HAVE A GOOD FUCKING HOLIDAY

HERES A CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR Y'ALL!!!!

COMMENT VOTE AND LOVE!

Claire was pissed. So fucking pissed at the fact that she couldn't just walk into Lucas' house and punch that old man's face.

She had no authority over the Clark's mansion or the billionaire himself.

She clenched and unclenched her teeth, while driving her old Volkswagen and stealing glances at Lucas sitting in the passenger seat.

She wished she could buy him the universe instead of art supplies.

"No, I wouldn't take the universe. It's nothing compared." Lucas mumbled.

"Huh?" Claire asked dumbfounded. "Did I..?"

"Yeah, you said it out loud." Lucas blushed and looked away.

"I don't like your dad, by the way." She said nonchalantly.

"I figured. After that party.."

"Does your mom even care?"

"Pretty much.. no." Lucas sighed. "She loves him too much."

"But he was being an ass-"

"He's still my dad."

That party Lucas took Claire to? It sucked. It sucked so much Claire had to storm out of there.

What was she thinking anyway? It was a billionaire's party, not some kid's birthday.

His dad ended up degrading her indirectly. Oh let's not mention how he almost called Lucas something inappropriate in front of the crowd.

Let's say his dad was an ass from the beginning, what the fuck was wrong with his mom?

Claire's raging side took control that day, on how everyone seemed to comment on her dressing skills, and because she wasn't wearing some grad red mini slutty dress.

Her hold on the steering wheel tightened at the thoughts.

"I'm taking you to my house just because you don't want to go to your home." She reasoned, and he nodded. That's what Sean did too, which pissed off Claire more than she already was.

"Why don't you walk to school when you live nearby?" Lucas asked curiously.

"Because why not?" She dismissed the topic when they approached her house.

None of them spoke for minutes, just walking out the car that Claire owned with Lucas looking around the neighborhood with big eyes as if he wanted to say something but didn't want to.

You know, the dilemma.

Claire walked right into her house, after unlocking the door with spare key lying around in the bushes.

"Wait, people actually do that? It's crazy, I thought it was just in the movies." Lucas exclaimed, jaw slightly dropping the moment she threw the key back into the bushes. "What if anyone finds it?"

"What would anyone do in a house where you can't even find toilet paper?" She shrugged.

"Oh." He nodded as if understanding. "My door has a security code."

Claire chuckled at that.

"Sounds interesting."

Claire warily looked around once they were in the house and concluded that no one's in, and they were safe to climb up the stairs to her room.

"Yeah! My family doesn't like workers in my house but they still keep guards. They keep drivers and such, even though most of the time we drive on our own."

"Then?"

"My mom cooks everyday, and she makes pancakes. There isn't a day without them."

"Oh cool-" Claire stopped right in the middle of the stairs to turn around give an amused to look. "Pancakes? Everyday? Are you talking about heaven?"

"More like describing hell." He frowned. "I don't like pancakes."

She sighed and they walked into her room. She didn't forget to lock her door the very next moment.

Claire took a deep breath before she uttered those words with an emotion undescribable. "I love..." She bit her lip. "...pancakes."

Lucas pursed his lips and looked around the room, sniffing the smokey atmosphere and looking at the dark woody texture of the walls. Made him feel like he was closer to Claire than he ever was with anyone else.

He looked at the unmade bed, half open window, a broken lamp he bets Claire broke and shoes lined up at a corner of the room. There was a fluffy black jacket lying on the carpet which made him giggle.

What he also noticed was, that, the walls were empty.

"Do you not like to decorate your walls?" He asked in the tiniest voice possible.

"Not really. There used to be.. photo frames. I took them down."

"Ohh." He made cute o shaped lips.

He put his bag down on the bed and sat on it to face Claire while she rummaged through her closet, her back facing him.

She was a few feet away, feeling his eyes on her.

When suddenly, she bent to go through stuff in the down shelves in the closet, was when Lucas' senses were knocked out of him.

His gaze fell on her.. you know...

Lucas' breath hitched, lips parting at the sight. For once, he thought she wouldn't know. It was short lived when he heard "Take a picture, it'll last longer." And a smirk being shot at his flustered face.

She turned around and walked towards the boy who refused to make any eye contact from now on.

He was.. embarrassed to the extent where he started seeing stars.

"Lukey," her voice was filled with slyness. "Don't be awkward now."

He choked while she snickered.

"I-I wasn't-- uh-"

"Okay shut up now. I got you something." She held out a packet of colours. "I won it at the fair."

Lucas looked at it, his eyes growing big and doe like.

"For me?" He asked, reaching forward and taking it.

For me? She gave me her colour pencils? 

"Yeah. Now you can draw whatever you want and not cry your eyes out." She... Smiled at him. "You can come here, draw, paint do whatever, but never cry. Those tears are too precious to be wasted at things like these. These are not artistic colours, and I'm sorry for not being a billionaire, but that's all I have."

A tear fell on his flushed cheek as he stared. He stared at her lips, flickering his gaze back to her hazel eyes. His thoughts were clouded, his hormones taking over. He held her wrist and pulled her down.

"Why?" He whispered, their faces inches away.

"Because I don't like you crying." She answered. "Or maybe because I like you. A lot. And that you're mine and only I am allowed to cons--"

He placed his lips on hers, as if it was a kiss of gratitude.

And if a kiss could heal, he was cured off of all his wounds.

He liked her too, and he'll admit that he would love to be Rose to Claire's Grey.