Chapter THIRTY SEVEN

It's been a long time since Claire had done this. And every time she had been to camping sites, it was always a race on who would set up their tent first.

Of course, she didn't win every time, but she did like seeing everyone else win...it was way long ago that lasted for a good few years until she decided she didn't wanna camp at all.

But now... This was a sight to see.

She was supposed to be doing her own work, but she couldn't stop herself from gazing across at the other blue coloured tent.

She tugged on a smirk when she saw Lucas sighing and flopping down on the dirty muddy ground. Her eyes flickered towards a concerned Connor who was walking around trying to find any source of working internet. But ofcourse, that was out of the question..

They were definitely struggling to cope up with everything going on. Claire didn't think they even had the slightest clue on how to set up an idol campfire.

"You noticed it too, didn't you?" Adam suddenly walked from behind Claire and stood next to her. "Those fuckers have been through way too much of luxurious facilities to handle a little bit of wild life."

"Well, what can you say?" Claire muttered.

"Challenge them."

"What?" She frowned, turning to look at Adam as if he had spoken something extremely irrelevant.

"You know... Get them to compete against you." Adam smirked. "You alone."

"And watch them lose?" She scoffed.

"Nope. Watch them win."

"Hell no." She rolled her eyes.

"It'll be fun."

"It's a no, Adam. Do you know what NO means?" She glared. "I am not pretending to lose."

"Claire." Adam sighed.

And that's how Claire ended up dragging her belongings towards the two billionaires holding a bored expression.

"Competition. You and me." She mumbled, uninterested, but really, she didn't wanna miss the opportunity.

It was just something inside Lucas that snapped when he looked up at Claire and widened his eyes. He couldn't believe his ears. Not even a single bit.

And really, from what he had heard about her, he knew she hates losing.

And being ever so popular was a cherry on top because whoever lost against her, they were looked down on. He didn't think it was a pleasant experience.

Let alone spoil the reputation he doesn't have.

It was better to accept defeat when no one was looking than to draw attention from world wide and end up embarrassing yourself.

"N-No. No." Lucas shook his head hysterically at her, making her frown. "It's okay. I lose." He stuttered.

... Lucas just noticed that Connor was nowhere to be seen around him which only increased his anxiety.

Claire chuckled at him.

"You lose? Already?"

"I.. I think."

He looked away from her and to the ground, at his toes.

A warm breath hit his face as he felt a body close to his. His breath hitched but he didn't dare to look back up.

"Giving up even before giving it a shot?" Her tone straight out mocking him.

"I'm just not in mood." He bit his lip.

'Lets create a mood then?' she almost uttered.

"Get the mood then." She grumbled. "I don't take no for an answer just like how I don't like losing to others."

The last part of her words were not necessarily necessary to mention, but she was tempted to see his face change colours of emotions.

"N-No, I mean... I don't know.. I.."

"Get to work now." She shot a sly smirk at him and stepped away so he could finally breathe normally. Maybe a little faster than normal.

Gosh. He's screwed.

Claire thought she saw him chew on his nails nervously, but she wasn't paying close attention.

After an hour and a half of guiding Lucas, it was already lunch time and God knew how the two were getting and how impatient Claire was.

Lucas was trying to set up the poles of the tent but his non experienced hands just messed up the things every time he tried.

Instead of standing there, this time when he dropped the pole, Claire caught it with her hands and that was the exact moment Lucas also reached out for the pole.

So it was really a compromising position for Lucas as Claire just caught his hand in the mid air with the pole and just continued with his hand in hers tingling everywhere.

"This, goes here. And you have to hold it right." She said, slightly messing with his head by standing a little too close like earlier.

Lucas let out a shaky breath as Claire placed one of her hands on his shoulder and leaned forward.

"Do you want to grab lunch now that we've finished... Or do you wanna have some fun inside the tent?" She asked, never letting his hand go.

"L-lunch." He breathed.

She chuckled, backing away as she watched a little red of something creeping onto his ears.

Of course it was gonna be lunch. She would save all the good things for later just like saving deserts for after dinner.

In the process maybe no one but Claire noticed that all she did today was help Lucas and she never set up her own place.

Maybe it was a good thing? She can always do it later.

Or.. she can just.. nevermind.

She watches him drink water, finally facing away.

Well, she let him be. At least for now.

Vote comment and love :))))