Chapter THIRTEEN

chapter THIRTEEN

Walking through the school corridors, Claire huffed, glancing at her next class. English. The thing was, she didn't hate english, she just found it extremely boring. She didn't wanna learn the same thing she had been learning from past 17 years.

Although there was some change in the subject, she just found it dead ass boring. Like why would a 17 year old want to learn how to convert sentences into passive and active voices? They used to learn that in sixth grade.

She rolled her eyes as she kept walking.

there were five minutes more for the class to start, so she decided she would definitely walk past her English class, completely ignoring her teacher and fellow classmates who may, or may not have noticed her. She didn't care anyways.

Also, Adam and Hailey were having different classes, so it  was gonna suck.

Claire flung her bag over her shoulders, and walked over the place like she owned it. Well, thats what people thought.

They always thought that Claire was one of those, who, out of nowhere, the moment she hit high school changed into an emo bad ass arrogant piece of bullshit. They thought that she pretended to be aggressive. They also had different theories. Everyday a new theory to describe her, and her two obvious best friends.

Once, the the whole school thought that Claire was pretending to be strong. What they didn't know was that, she had just been to a boxing tournament. That was when she a year ago. She was a bit too furious at that time. But now she stopped caring whatsoever about tournaments. They just didn't give that satisfaction she wanted.

She didn't stop taking classes though. Just that, she goes to the class whenever she is angry and the trainer was more than okay with that. He knew she was a bit messed up. Claire had also told him how she wasn't interested with fixed classes.

Claire glanced at the time, noticing there were three more minutes left.

Well, there was nothing else that she could do in three minutes. Except... solve something she was looking at. She just stopped walking, to look at what was actually going on.

"Hey nerd," The guy shoved a certain someone into the lockers.

It wasn't that necessary to say that Claire's eyes narrowed at sight, and in seconds she was fuming.

Usually, she wouldn't care if someone was getting bullied. She couldn't be bothered to drop her things and go help out the poor person. She was never interested in those shit anyway. But this time it was different.

It was Lucas who was being shoved.

Claire. won't. Stand. Such. An. Abuse.

People who were currently watching Claire and the little one-sided-fight, swore that they saw a spark of lightening behind the guy who was bullying Lucas.

Key word: behind.

"Let go!" Lucas shrieked, his books from his arms falling off and landing on the floor. They were not more than 5-6 books, but they looked a lot spread over. Which didn't fail to light a flicker of anger in Claire.

"Sean is gonna die." Someone whispered, immediately realising Claire's presence.

"I Love it when you plead." Sean laughed, before hearing almost familiar dark chuckle near his ear. It didn't take Claire even a second to pull him away from Lucas and slam him against the wall, holding him far away from Lucas.

"You were saying?" She gritted her teeth which didn't go unnoticed by both Lucas and Sean. Lucas seemed a bit frightened, and panicked.

"Claire?" Sean widened his eyes. "What are you doing here?!"

"I was just passing by, Sean, thank you." She retorted, rolling her eyes. "Don't you fucking know this is a non-bullying zone? Also, bullying the weak, hm? Too candy-ass to fight with someone with your own spirit?"

"Non-Bullying? When was the last time you cared again?" He raised his eyebrow, swatting away her hand which had been holding him against the wall.

"I do now." she scoffed.

"And I ain't a candy ass, okay?"

"Sure, come at me then," She growled, taking a step forward. They didn't need an expert to find out that Sean wasn't exactly willing to do so. He just gulped.

For Lucas, well, he stood there, frozen in his place as the bell rang. Just that, no one shuffled around to get to their classes-- too occupied to see what wouldhappen next.

Claire glared at his soul, not taking her eyes off of him because He messed up big time.

"You know what?" Claire grumbled and in a swift move, she grabbed Sean's shirt collar, tugging him down to his knees. "Pick them up."

Lucas' jaw fell open, and he might have freaked out when Claire pushed Sean towards his legs where all of his books were fallen. Sean, however frowned and was about to oppose, but she grabbed a fistful of his hair.

And damn, that looked hella painful.

"Okay! Okay!" Sean gulped, bending forward and picking up the books.

Lucas still couldn't believe what was happening. But he was still in a state of shock as the person who was practically abusing him not a minute ago was sitting near her feet, doing what he was being told.

He glanced at Claire once, which his lip between his teeth.

And when Claire's eyes met Lucas', she winked.