Chapter THIRTY SIX

Chapter THIRTY SIX

The day went beautifully. But it wasn't satisfactory for Claire. She didn't get a lot of time to stalk her favourite person.

Just the hills, Woods, green, fire, camps and burnt marshmallows.

It was night already, and everyone were asleep in their tents (which they set up themselves.). But she couldn't quite have a wink of sleep, so she decided to take a smoke.

She was wearing her leather jacket and sitting in front of the bonfire.

"Are there bears in San Fransisco?" Lucas whispered, rubbing his hands together in the cold and leaning towards the bonfire a little.

Claire whipped her head to look at the glowing body next to her, something inside her fluttering at the way he looked.

She answered a 'no' and proceeded to ask, "Are you scared of bears?" amongst letting the smoke out.

He nodded slowly, and let his eyes wander over her. His gaze fell on the cigarette straw that Claire held between her fingers.

He was feeling cold.

"Can I smoke too?" He asked, breathing slowly and huskily.

She nodded, not giving him a straw, but instead, took a deep drag on her's. She didn't let it go, holding smoke in her mouth as she caught his jaw and pulled him closer.

She connected her lips to his, letting out the smoke into his mouth----

Claire woke up with a start, opening her eyes as wide as she could.

"...What the fucking hell...?" She groaned.

So that was a dream?

*_*_*

Lucas saw Claire in the bus.

She's back.

He actually had a great day when her presence was missing. He could smile whenever he wanted without feeling insecure, he could sit however he liked in his seat without any disturbance, he could admire Beauty without someone staring at him.

It was just relaxing, knowing that you were on your own.

He sighed, getting on the bus and taking his seat. While he did so, he had no idea what was going on through Claire's head.

For instance, she was grumpy as fuck because... The dream...

Well, anyone would be, because she finally thought she had a chance. She finally thought she made a move on the pretty boy.

Damn, was it just in her dreams.

He cautiously looked around, as if trying to be aware of his surroundings.

Claire didn't wanna talk though, so the bus ride pretty much sucked, until they reached the camping site.

"I can't get my data to work here...?" Connor frowned, shoving the phone screen at Lucas' face, trying to prove his point. "And there's no signal."

"Are we gonna survive here?" Lucas blinked, still looking at the screen.

"I knew it." Connor mumbled. "I knew this trip was fishy as fuck." Lucas cringed, shaking his head. "I knew our p.e teacher wants to hand us over as a demon deal."

"...Stop watching shows, yeah?" Lucas sighed. "I'm just worried about how are we gonna get things done."

"What do you mean?" Connor asked, noticing that all the students were finally out of the buses, and were assembled. And did the chatter get loud.

"...Man you know, we have to work here."

"Work?"

"We need to set up fire camps and build a place where we can spend the night." Lucas mumbled. "Ever done things like these?"

"..What.. no."

"Me neither."

Lucas was rather worried about being left behind in this place. He didn't wanna be the one who was incapable of doing the work everyone else could.

It scared him.

He didn't wanna be lacking the potential.

"I don't wanna be weak." He whispered to himself.

"I'll take care of that."

And God knew who could've said that right behind him, because he didn't quite catch it, he was too far away to hear those words he always wanted to.

"Ahem." Their coach walked forward and clapped his hands to gain everyone's attention. "We're finally here!"

And Lucas flinched, standing in-between all the cheering students.

"I think we're unsafe." Connor declared to Lucas.

As for Hailey, Adam... And Claire, only Lucas knew where they could be found among these large groups of students.

He wanted to stay as far as possible from them and maybe try to forget their existence. But that was a little too much for Connor because he was typing away on the phone talking to Hailey.

Probably he got a new best friend now and Lucas was a no no to him.

He means.. look at Hailey.. she's a girl, she's rich too, she's cooler, she's so enjoyable, and...He doesn't know.. she just looks like a better option.

He chuckled bitterly at himself before looking back up at the coach.

"First, y'all have to set up your respective tents, then unload your belongings." He said, as lively as ever even in his forties. He was so fit that it sparked a fear in every teen's mind. "Let's get to work, then!"

Claire smirked.

Lucas shivered.

QUICK UPDATE

COMMENT VOTE AND LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!