Chapter THIRTY THREE

Chapter thirty three

"It's an hour drive." Adam mumbled, stating that it'll take an hour to get to his grandparent's house. "You sure you wanna come?"

"Of course, don't be a fucktart." Claire hissed at him. "Besides, I have no idea what I'm gonna do with the students. All they do is move away from me."

"What about Hailey? She's gonan be alone."

"She has Connor." Sean butt in, pointing a finger in the air. Which he brought back down to rest on his sides when Adam shot a glare at him.

Sure, Sean was capable enough to fight back, give answers to the big guy and all, but he still looked scary enough to make people shut their pants. And Sean was hoping his family won't turn out to be a carbon copy of Adam.

Or he would literally shit his pants.

"Well, Lucas will be left out." Adam furrowed his eyebrows trying hard to talk Claire out of this plan.

"It's just for today, can you please shut your fucking mouth? We're meeting your family, and that's that."

Adam sighed. "Eh. Okay."

She huffed and looked at Sean. "And you, you better not blurt out whatever this is."

Sean nodded, not trusting his voice.

They were both threatening him in all sorts of ways, so how bad could this small road trip get?

This was the very first time Sean was actually seeing Adam in anything but leather. He was still wearing dark clothes, but it wasn't black. It was just an Indigo coloured blue shirt and blue jeans, with brown worn out Woodland shoes and a jacket to keep him warm, which, by the way, was cream coloured. He wore a beanie to cover his ear piercings.

And now, after lacking few bottles of water and snacks, they were ready to go.

"You look good." Sean said, trying to ease the stress.

"Fuck off." Adam grumbled.

-----

Sean ended up sitting in the middle seat of their rented car and Claire took the front seat. Adam, however was up on driving again.

As predicted, they arrived no more than or less than an hour at a warm neighborhood. It was almost half past twelve and the sun was shining ever so brightly above their heads.

It was extremely humid and it didn't help Adam with the fact that he was wearing this woolen beanie over his head which covered his dark hair.

Sean couldn't tell of Adam's hair was dark brown or entirely black. It was probably black.

As he kept observing the changes in Adam's behavior, he even noticed the sharp edges of his jaw and almost hollow cheeks and thick eyebrows. An dtan skin complimented his face so perfectly, for a minute Sean forgot it was Adam.

It was as if Adam couldn't get anymore darker than he already looked. Frightening even.

"Will we ever get out of the car?" He asked, looking at the two of them in front of him who didn't even move an inch. "We have to do this now, if we wanna spend more time with-"

"Yeah yeah, I get it, now shut the fuck up." Adam snapped, immediately scaring the guy at the back. "Dammit!"

"Adam get out." Claire sighed. "We don't have the whole day."

"I know. It's.. it's just that.."

"No just do it. It's now, or never."

"Claire's right, we can't just return back to the hotel after travelling for one whole hour." Sean mumbled to himself which he made sure was audible to everyone.

"But.."

"Do you want me to ring the bell maybe?" Sean lightened up at his own idea, enthusiasm filling his voice.

"No please." Adam groaned. "Why are you here again?"

"'Cause you asked me to."

"I did?" He frowned.

"You did."

"What the-"

"Adam, just go up to the house!" Claire yelled over their bickering. "If you don't do it I'm gonna drag you ass all the way up to their porch."

Adam's grip on the steering wheel tightened, his heart throbbing hard in his chest.

"You know, every summer. Every winter. Every holiday I come here." Adam gritted his teeth. "And every time, I look at the house from far, and turn away. It isn't in me to go upto them and hold a casual conversation. Maybe they'll be disgusted from my presence. Maybe they'll shut the door on my face."

"Wait what? Why will they do that? That's ridiculous." Sean shook his head.

Adam looked at him, not able to meet his eyes, but still looked at him.

"I had no choice. I had to chose my dad. That's why." He whispered ever so delicately, that Claire clenched her fists. But Sean, he was just lost.

"Whatever you did, you just said you had no choice." Sean stayed as if it was the obvious. "Man, I know that you wanna meet them so badly. But if you stay here for a minute longer, then you might just never build up the courage and you'll end up never even looking back at this place."

"I won't not look back." Adam disagreed.

"You will. Because you would have missed your only chance. You gotta do it when you know it's the right time. For now, this is the right time." Sean said, slowly placing his palm on Adam's shoulders in a supportive way. "You will be a coward."

Claire's head shot up, a scowl on her face. "What-"

"What do you wanna be, Adam?" Sean continued, clearly ignoring Claire. "A man who spent a day happily with his family, or a coward who never had it in him to make a bold move?"

Adam kept quiet, his gaze lowerd down.

Sean knew something along the way in Adam's life hasn't been the best.

"Do you want to be the man who will later on regret not entering that damn house for your entire life?" He spoke softly, trying to make Adam realise that if he doesn't get out now, it's only gonna hurt him later on. He'll never be able to stand up for himself ever again.

"Adam?" Claire cleared her throat.

"Let's do this."

Update x3

Comment vote and love!!!!!!!! :)))