Chapter FIFTY

Double update coz why not

Seven billion + people all around the world and Lucas had to end up going on his first date with the most terrifying person in the universe.

It's alright, he guessed. She might claim to not be a romantic person, and so did Grey. But what Grey ended up doing was arrange a room filled with roses for Rose.

No poop, he isn't expecting that bull from her. It's just that he's curious.

Even with all the thoughts running through his head, be didn't miss the way he was starting to find the concrete road more than interesting to look at other than his much more familiar surroundings.

"You can sass like a bitch but cannot lift your head up, huh?" She retorted making his body go stiff.

"I'm not a b--"

Claire, amused by the cut off sentence, and watched Lucas frown at himself.

"B--?" She smirked.

"B-bi-" Lucas' lip quivers in nervousness. "I'm not the b word!" He finally yells.

Claire lifted her hands up, as if surrendering. "I was kidding, chill."

Lucas blushed for the nth time that day and went back to looking down.

He remembered that part when Grey had asked Rose out on her birthday which made her go insane from the inside.

...wait wasn't Lucas the man here? Wasn't he the one supposed to ask Claire out?

Okay, hold the plant up. Why does he even want to ask her out? Where are these thoughts coming from? But then again, he doesn't feel like a man with Claire.

He wants to feel like a man.

Noticing the growing pout on Lucas' face concerned Claire just a bit. Was he uncomfortable or something?

"You know, we're heading to the best café on the corner of the street. You get the best food there." She slipped her fists into her jacket's pockets and sighed contently. She really did enjoy seeing the pretty boy walk next to her.

"..oh." He nodded slowly, still unsure.

After few minutes, as the temperature was dropping slowly, they finally approached the cafe Claire was talking about.

But, you know all good things come to an end.

Lucas suddenly noticed an ice cream shop right opposite to the 'cafe'. But he curiously flicked his eyes to the cafe's name which clearly read, 'Café of pancakes'.

His throat went dry all off a sudden.

"Pancakes?" He choked.

"Yeah. You get the best pancakes here." She pointed towards the big bold letters hanging brightly.

"What in the devil?" His face pulled off the most horrified expression, taking a step back.

Now it was Claire's turn to frown.

"What do you mean? What the fuck is wrong?"

"I'm not eating Pancakes!" He screeched and then embarrassingly shushed himself. "I hate pancakes!"

"..what.." She scrunched her face up. "Who the fuck in this hell hole hates pancakes?"

"Me!" He yelled. "I-I mean I'm sick of eating pancakes almost every day."

The end came out a bit mumbled because well, he didn't want to trigger her already ruined mood. But ya know, he would stand his ground because he wanted to feel like a man and not a pussy. A CAT.

That feeling stayed for only three seconds before his gaze fell on the ice cream shop longingly.

"Instead, can we get ice cream?" He said in soft whispers, his head hung low and ears flushed a bright red. "I love Ice cream."

His pout made Claire's heart flip.

That's how Claire met her death.

Ignoring her death and desire to get her hands on that ass, I mean, Pancakes, Claire's lips parted, as if totally distracted by the devine glory of the blue eyed boy.

"You want it so bad, don't you?" She watched him nod his head.

"Y-yes." He continued pouting.

They were standing in the middle of the street.

"Tell me again, baby, what do you want?" She took a step closer to him, which made him drag in a sharp deep breath.

She had to hold back an urge to grip his dark brown hair.

"I just told you." He ceased his eyebrows. "I want ice cream."

"Are you sure?"

"Claire why are you--"

Claire didn't wait for his response, just grabbed his arm and started dragging him towards the shop.

"If you want ice cream, you get ice cream."

Lucas gulped.

Was this really Claire Cooper?

Now that he was thinking about it, Claire wasn't quite the person he had imagined her to be. She was gentle.

Grey had been just like this to Rose. She had never thought Grey would turn out to be a softie from the heart.

Was Claire really soft?

"Can you fucking hurry up?!" Claire growled at the shopkeeper. "Do you think I pay all of this money just for you to waste my time?"

Definitely not soft.

"Can you fucking have patience? We're out of ice cream here so I should go get some." The guy grunted back.

Lucas shook his head to himself, quietly stepping up Infront of Claire to handle the situation.

"My apologies for the commotion that was created by my...friend. please take your time, we aren't in a hurry."

He smiled a little.

"Whatever."

-----

"You didn't have to apologise." She grumbled, walking ahead of him while hugging her leather jacket because it was dusk already and it being the beginning of winter, the cold was bothering her a tad bit.

Whereas Lucas happily ate his ice cream and trailed behind her.

"But this is so good." He giggled.

"Is it now?" She questioned.

"Hm."

"Okay then."

"Oh! Wait!"

Claire halted on her tracks and turned around to look at him.

"What is it, baby?" She almost winked at him, but thought against it.

"I totally forgot that I have a get together party in my home!" He choked on the ice cream and started panicking. "I had to be there like hours ago!"

"It isn't too late anyway." She tilted her head to the side.

"Dad said I shouldn't be late!"

"Stop exclaiming." She groaned. "Who gives a fuck what your dad wants you to do? It's just a party."

"It's not just a party!"

"Then what is it?"

"You'll see."

So that's how, after one more hour of walking together in silence and bickering about things, Claire stood in front of a big mansion, her jaw dropping.

To be honest, Lucas was dreading this party. It was a formal one, and as much as Lucas would love to listen to his parents, his feelings were quite contradictory.

"Let's go." He mumbled, before opening the door to his mansion.