1

Nina's POV

     I wake up to see the sun shining outside in my beautiful apartment I share with my brother in metro Detroit.  I love it here, it's one of my favorite places in the world.  I'm in pure bliss just laying here looking out the window.  That feeling is ruined when I turn over on my bed and see the time on the clock, 11:55.

"Shit!"  I yelled as I practically fell out of my bed, practiced started in 5 minutes and I am 20 minutes away.  Dylan probably already left for God knows what and I haven't even showered yet!

      I spring out of bed with only socks, shorts, and a sports bra on.  Nearly sliding to a stop as I run into the door I grab my clothes to take a shower.  I'm rushing as fast as I can as I grab my phone to see if anyone texted me from my team and see 3 tests from Dylan.

Dylan: you better wake up or your gonna be late

Dylan: your so dead, your going to be lateeeeee

Dylan: have fun driving yourself  I gotta go team breakfast is at 11, keys are on the table

"I'm gonna kill him." I mumble under my breath as I heard something in the kitchen.  I walk in slowly and I see Dylan laughing his ass off.  "What's so funny?"

"Its 9am, you were freaking out cause you thought you were going to be late!" He continues to laugh as he starts to hold his stomach, I can tell he's been watching me struggle for a while.

"What?  No it's not it's..."  I look down at my phone and see that it does says 9:07am and realize I was in such a rush I didn't look at the time when I saw his text.  I look up at him with an angry look on my face.

"I changed the alarm time on your clock."  He snickers, seeming proud that he got up early to pull a prank on his little sister.

"Not funny."  I said with still a straight face.

"Oh, it was pretty funny.  You should have seen yourself."  He says laughing and wiping a fake tear from his eye as he stands up.

"Oh yeah?  So is this!" I drop my stuff and tackle him right to the ground and start messing up his hair.

"Hey stop that's not funny!"

"Oh, It's pretty funny."  I say with a smile.  He then stands up fast and before I know what's going on he's picked me up and is hauling me over his shoulder just like he used to do when we were kids.

"Put me down Dylan!"  I yelled as I try to kick his stomach or hit his back, to no avail as it obviously didn't work.  "This isn't fair!"  I laugh as I start to give up on trying to get him to put me down.

"That's what you get for tackling me!"  He says as he throws me back on my bed.  I sit up on the edge as he sits down next to me. 

"You know, that was kinda funny."  I said out of spite and see him smile. 

"Yes it was."  He says as he messes up my hair.  "We will leave for practice in an hour and a half ok?"

   I nod as he walks out of my room and I flop back onto my bed.  I look over at my phone and see that I got a text from an unknown number.

Unkown: hey hallz, what time is practice tomorow?

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ● 
New story! I know I tend to jump around a lot and I'm sorry about that but I'm excited to write this and really get into it!