38

Ninas POV

I walk into the rink after finally getting the ok to return to practice and take it light, no scrimmaging or body contact, just drills.  I'm thrilled because I have been babied these past few months by the team and I really just want to be back out on the ice again.

"Welcome back, neen."  Says coach as the locker room fills with clapping and cheers.  I smile and walk over to my stall to start getting dressed.

"You excited to get back on the ice?"  Madison, my teammate, says while lacing up her skates.

"You have no idea mads."

Practice went by pretty fast with relatively little pain, which I am pretty happy about.  I expected today to be terrible but it was a happy surprise.  Dylan was picking me up  after meeting with the team doctor to make sure everything is going well.

I hop in Dylan's car and we head out to lunch.  Once we sit down and order we start to talk.

"How was practice?"

"It was great, I really missed being on the ice."

"I know how you feel and I'm really glad your back.  Did you tell Nico?"

"Yes but I didn't tell him I had practice today.  I just told him I was allowed to start working out and skating and stuff."

"Ah.  You know, I think he's my favorite guy you have dated."

I look at him with wide eyes and shock. "Really?"

"Yeah.  I mean he's the only guy you have ever dated that I actually got along with and I think he's a pretty great guy.  I deffinetly give this one the big brother stamp of approval."

"Wow I've never heard that one before."  I laugh.

"Yeah well this one deserves it.  I see the way he is with you and I think it's great, I would love to have another brother in the family."

I smile, "Did you just say what I think you said?"

Dylan's eyes go wide and I see his cheeks blush.  "Um, I-I don't think so?"

"Was that a question?"  I laugh.

"No?"  He laughs.

"Great now I have no idea what is going on."  I laugh.

"Well nethir do I so let's just eat."   He laughs as he takes a bite of his sandwich that the waitress just set down.

"No no no I want to hear the explanation behind that one."  I laugh as I take a bite of my salad.

"Well you aren't getting one.  And really, you know what that meant."

"So you would be ok if we got married?"

"Well obviously not now."  He gets quieter before speaking again. "But yeah."

I burst out into laughter and a smile.

"You know if I could get up right now, I would hug you."

"Do it when we get home now eat your food."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●
Rip my faith in the red wings organization to build a better team, I'm gonna miss Tatar 😭