37

Ninas POV

I roll over and hit the alarm clock and groan as I see the time, 6:00am.  I reach on the ground for some pants and a t-shirt to go workout in.  Once Dylan and I are both awake we leave the house and head towards the workout facilities at Little Caesar's around 6:30.  I grab our workout plan and jump in Dylan's truck.

"Are you ready for this?"

"You have no idea dyl."

We arrive at the arena and head straight back to the gym.  We start with some upper body weights and some light leg workouts.  I see a pair of skates in the corner and take a closer look to see they are mine.

"Your actually going to take me out on the ice?"

Dylan nods.  "Your skates are here for a reason.  Now finish your workout."

I start the last part of my workout as I see Dylan doing his much more intense workout and start to get a little jealous.  I know that sounds crazy but to be fair, I haven't been able to do anything for the past month so I'm jealous of any real physical activity at this point. 

We do our cool down together and grab our skates to go to the locker room.  Dylan grabs his and starts to lace them up.  Once he finishes, he goes to grab a bucket of pucks and our sticks along with a few cones.  I see him head out on the ice to set them up for a few drills.  I stand at the boards and see him at centre ice waiting for me.

"Come on neen, you got it."

I nervously put my left skate on the ice and slowly bring up my right.  I push off slightly and wobble a little bit as Dylan skates towards me.

"I know it's been a while but I know you still want to race."  He smirks.

"Your on."

I start to gain back my footing and head out to the centre, I didn't realize how much I misses this.

"Go!"  Dylan yells as he pushes off.

We skate around the ice and of course Dylan comes in first.

"I won!"

"Of course you won, you're the fastest skater in the NHL."  I laugh as I push him over.

"Oh you wanna go?"  He laughs as he flips of his gloves.

"Yeah let's go!"  I say as I do the same and hear my stick and gloves hit the ice before I playfully tackle Dylan.

After our fake fight that Dylan claims he won, we start doing drills around the cones and shooting and passing and pretty much any other skill you can think of.  I finally feel complete again being able to go back on the ice and play.  Before we even know it we check the times and it's 2:00pm and decide to shower up and get some lunch.