32

Ninas POV

*picture below of Nina in her dress*

"Where do you want to go to dinner?" Nico asks as we walk out of the hospital

"How about somewhere out of town, maybe in Wyandotte?"

"Sure, you're going to have to show me where that is."

I laugh, "I will I promise."

We hop in the car and drive back to the apartment, the car filled with happy music and smiles as Nico has one hand on the wheel and one hand in mine.

Once we get too the apartment I walk in and Dylan looks up to see me standing.

"Heyyyy look at my little sister go!" He says as I twirl around slowly and laugh while he comes up to give me a hug.

"I'm going to go change, we are going out to dinner."

I head to my room and do the closest thing I can as a sprint to my closet and grab a cute short black dress, I know I don't have time to straighten my hair so I let it go everywhere and I start to do the little makeup I ever wear.

I walk out after about five minutes and see Nico and Dylan sitting on the couch talking I clear my throat and grab the ends of my dress and laugh. Nico looks at me with his mouth wide open, eyes wide. My brother looks at me and smiles, then looks over at Nico and laughs. Nico stands up and comes over to me.

"You look, amazing." He stumbles for the right word.

"Thank you. Are you ready to go?" I can tell I snapped him out of his daze.

"Yeah let's go."

"You kids have fun now, be back before 11:00." Dylan says as we walk out the door. I look back to see Nico nod to him to let him know we will.

We get in the car and drive down to Wyandotte, the entire 40 minute ride filled with laughing and conversation about family and hockey. We pull up to Joe's Hamburgers and the first thing Nico notices is the floor.

"Holy shit, the floor is made of pennies!"

I laugh at his amazement. "Yes Nico, the floor IS made of pennies."

We sit down at a table near the back and both get big milkshakes.

"Cheers to my beautiful baby being able to walk on her own again."

"Cheers." I smile as I hear the clink noise from our glasses before we both take a sip.

In the middle of our conversation, I hear the bell on the door ring and out of curiosity I look up and see what I hoped I would never see again.

Tyler.

He was with a friend and I quickly looked away before he noticed me, hiding my hair with my face. Nico notices and his smile quickly fades.

"Whats wrong babe?"

"Uh nothing, lets just eat."

The waiter sets our food on the table.

"Nina seriously are you ok?"

"Yes Nico I'm fine."  I fake a smile and laugh.

I see Tyler stand up from across the room and immediately start to freak out a little bit.  I really hope he isn't coming over here, but of course, he is.  He comes up to the table and smiles.

"Hey Nina!  Long time no see, how have you been?"

"Um good."  I say quietly.

"Who is this?"  He says pointing to Nico.

"He's my boyfriend, Nico."

"Nice to meet you..."  he pauses not knowing his name.

"Jack.  His name is Jack.  And he should be leaving now anyway."

Tyler looks at me weird and then laughs realizing why I said that.

"Yeah I'm leaving bye Nina, see you around."  He flashes his devilish smirk.

We finish our food fast and I head out of the door pretty quickly with Nico close behind.  We have to walk by Tyler's table and of course he stops me and talks to me.

"The dress makes the scar on your leg look good."  He says quietly.

"No thanks to you."  I choke out.

"I'll find you again, and Nico won't always be there to protect you.  Nethir will Dylan.  And you know my name."

"I told him about you, I didn't want him to hurt you while we were eating because we are celebrating."

"Tell him who I am.  I want to see what he does."

"Goodbye Tyler."  I walk away but he grabs my arm tight.

"Tell him."  He growls.

I yank my arm away and get Nico to come outside with me to the car.

"Drive and drive fast."

"Ok."  He puts the car in gear and drives away.

After about 5 minutes I tap his hand.

"What babe?"

"Pull into this gas station."

"Sure, are you ok?"  I shake my head and he follows me in.

I run to the bathroom and immediately shut the door, running to the nearest toilet to empty my stomach. 

I can't believe he saw me.

I start crying, and sit down on the floor, the tiles cold on my legs.

"Nina?"  Nico knocks on the door.

"Come in."  I say quietly as he opens the door. He runs over to give me a hug.

"Nina, what happened?"

"He found me."  I cry.

"Who?" 

"Tyler.  That's who that guy was, Hi name wasn't Jack."  I burst into another bout of tears as Nico gives me a hug.

"Nina I'm sorry, if I would have known I would have beat the living hell out if him.  Right then and there."

"I know that's why I didn't tell you.  I don't want you or Dylan to ruin your career to protect me, I can deal with this."

"Well now I know what he looks like."

"Crap I forgot about that."  I sniffle.

"I want to protect you."

We sit in silence for a few moments while he looks down and then kisses my head.

"What was that for?"

"You look beautiful."

I laugh, "I'm sitting on the floor of a gas station after I just threw up and cried."

"You still look pretty."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

After another moment of silence Nico speaks up, "are you going to tell Dylan?"

"I think I have too."

"We can do it together."

I smile, I've never had such a great boyfriend.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1K!!!!!  LOVE YOU ALL!!!!