9

Nina's POV
(Just a heads up there is some talk of abuse in this chapter, skip if needed.)

I wake up and walk into the kitchen and grab myself a water, then sit on the couch in the living room as I hear footsteps down the hall.

"Nina I need to talk to you."  Dylan stands at the front of the room, he seems angry with his arms crossed, he didn't even bother to put on socks or a shirt.

"Go ahead." 

"Since when have you been hanging out with Nico Hischier?" 

I knew this was coming, the look of seriousness in his eyes was scary.  "We hung out yesterday before the game, it's nothing."

"Nothing?  I saw the way he looked at you, there was obviously something."

"We are just friends Dylan.  What did you say to him after the game?"

"I put him in his place."

"Dylan what the hell!"  I stood up now angry and walk over to him, his 6'1 figure towering over me at 5'6.  "Why would you do that?!" I push his chest and he doesn't even move.

"You know my rule."  He looks at me right in the eyes, I know he isn't happy.

"We aren't dating we are just friends, why won't you let me have friends that are guys!  He's a nice person and I just wanted someone to talk to!"  I find myself yelling.

"I've gone down that road, I know it will turn into more than a friendship and after what happened with Tyler..."

"Dylan don't."

"I'm serious, your so lucky I didn't say anything to mom and dad.  I'm not letting that happen again."

"Dylan..."

"No.  You are NOT seeing him again."

"Dylan!"  I'm yelling once again.

"ENOUGH, that's final."  He's angry but I know his heart is in the right place.  I look up at him and a tear slowly roles down my face, I run into my bedroom and shut the door.

About 10 minutes later I hear the door crack open and Dylan lightly knock.

"Nina, I'm sorry."

"Go away." He sits down on the edge of my bed.

"I just don't want anything bad to happen to you, not again, not ever.  Your my little sister, it's my job to protect you."  I sit up next to him.

"I know."  I sniffle

"I will never let anything happen to you."  He grabs my head and chest and gives me a side hug.  "I've gotten in fights for you before you know."

I chuckle and sniffle, "I know, throwback to 9th grade."  He laughs and let's me go of the hug as he heads towards the door.

"Love you Nina."

"Love you too Dyl."

He walks out and shuts the door as I lay back on my bed and grab a book, when I want to forget about something, I read.

I look over at my clock and see that it's 9:30pm and I have morning practice tomorrow so I put my book down and go to bed.

*Dream flashback*

We are walking out of the high school on one of the last days of my junior year, I've taken all my finals and now it's just waiting out that final bell.  I look up at my boyfriend Tyler, a sophomore in college, he plays hockey for the MSU.  He towers over me at 6'3 since at the time I was only 5'4.  I can't believe I have such a great boyfriend.

"I love you baby."  He says as he kisses my head.

"I love you too ty."

"What do you say we go celebrate you being done with school?"

"I'm not done yet."

"I know but you get the point."

We head back to his place and I change into a dress, I head towards the door and he stops me.

"I was thinking of a different kind of celebration."  He pushes me onto the couch.

"Tyler I just want to go out to dinner."  I try to stand up.

"Well I have other plans."  He pushes me down and I start fighting back but he's too strong.  He starts hitting me and it seems to go on forever.  "Have you changed your mind yet?"  He says as he is hovering over me.

"N-no."  I manage to squeeze out.

"Suit yourself." He keeps hitting, I feel the blood running from my forehead and I feel my leg start to hurt a lot.  I look down and see a giant gash and part of the bone.  I start to cry while he just keeps hitting.  I see him get ready  for the hardest punch, right as it hits me I'm out.

I wake up screaming, sweaty, and crying in my bed.  I look over at the clock and see it's 4am. I hear my door slam into the wall and I see Dylan with a baseball bat.  He looks at me and drops the bat with concern all over his face.

"Are you ok?  What happened?" 

I can't say any words, the tears start flowing and my mouth is wide open.  I start to curl into a ball as he walks over to the bed.

"Was it about Tyler?"  I nod.  "I'm so sorry I brought him up, I never should have done that.  I swear to god I am going to find him and kick his ass." He pauses as I start to rock back and forth slightly.  "Relax, it's just a dream.  I'm here, I've got you."  He says while he hugs me, it makes me feel a little better as he lays down next to me and falls asleep.  It worked to calm me down as I fall asleep too.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●
I know she is only 17 and that's rough for someone that age to go through.  But it builds the dynamic between the siblings.  Thanks for reading 💕