13

Dylan's POV

I dropped Nina off at practice around 9:00.  I went home and took a nap before I went back to pick her up around 11:00.  When she got in the car, she seemed awfully quiet.  I figured she just had a bad day at practice, everyone has a bad practice at one point or another, so I decided to just leave it alone. 

As soon as she got out of the car, I saw a tear come from her eye.

"Nina."  I stop and look her in the eye. "What's wrong?"

She shakes her head and walks inside, straight to her bedroom.  I hear the door shut softly and I hear her start to ball her eyes out.  I run in to make sure she is ok.

"What is it Nina?  Is it Tyler? Was it something from practice?"  I sat on the bed rubbing her back while her face was shoved in a pillow.  She pointed to her phone, I unlock it to see a message from Alyssa.

Alyssa:
On her way to the airport
yesterday, Sarah was in
an accident.  She died on
the scene, immediately on
impact with the other car.
I'm so sorry.  If you need
anything, I am here for you.

I look up and put the phone back on the table.

"Oh Nina I'm so sorry."

She sits up and gives me a hug and continues to cry. 

I didn't hear her stop crying for the rest if the night.  I called her coach and told him she would be out the next few days.

*time jump*

My poor little sister.  It's been 2 days and the only time I had seen her move was when we went to the funeral.  She cried all through family Christmas and was completely silent, hopefully she is feeling by the 27th because we have a game and I can't stay home to take care of her.  I walk into her bedroom to see her still laying in the position as usual with dried tears on her face. I set down the sandwich on the table next to her bed.

"Nina, you have to eat something." She stays silent.  "You can't just not eat."

I look over at her phone and see plenty of texts.  Many of which are from her teammates saying they were sorry for her loss and many more were from Alyssa checking in on her.  I saw a few from Nico.

Nico:
Hey Neeen

Nico:
Neeeeeeeeeen

Nico:
Nina, are you ok?

Nico:
Nina please answer me
I want to know that
you are ok.

Nico:
Nina please

I decide to answer for her because she is obviously not going to and he seems pretty worried.  I don't like that he likes her, but I don't want to worry the kid to death and it's nice that he cares to check up on her every day like that.

Neeen:
Hi Nico this is Dylan,
One of ninas brothers.
Her best friend from high
school passed away a few
days ago so she has been
down lately.  Sorry if you
were worried.

Nico:
Oh my god, is she ok?

Neeen:
Yes, there has just been
a lot of crying and not
much of anything else.

Nico:
Please tell her I'm so
sorry for her loss and
that she has to eat, sleep,
Etc.  I know she has had
a rough few days before
that as well with the
nightmares and stuff so
I hope she is better soon.

Neeen:
Wait she told you about tyler?

Nico:
Yes.  I'm a little mad
She won't let me have
A 'chat' with him, but it
Is what she wants.

Neeen:
Yeah she won't let me see
him ethir.  Well thank you
for checking up on her. I will
let you know how she is doing.

Nico:
Thank you.

I look up and see a sleeping Nina while I set her phone down and walk out of the room, my poor baby sister.  I wish I could do something to make the pain go away.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ● 
Awee poor Nina. 💔  thanks for reading, let me know what you guys think.