45

Nico's POV

"Hey Taylor."  I say as he walks into the living room as I sit on the couch playing nervously with my hair.

"Hey nico, you sound a little down what's us with you today?"

"Nina is taking her abusive ex boyfriend to court and I'm going to testify for her."

"Woah that is a lot to take in.  Isn't she barely 18?"

"Yeah, she turned 18 a few months ago."

"That's crazy.  No one should have to go through that, especially that young.  When is the trial?"

"I think it's a week after the season ends."

"Lucky you, we aren't getting a playoff spot so you can leave fast."

"Yeah I know.  It's only a month away.  Honestly, I plan on spending a month with her and then going to see my family for a little bit and then come back."

"That sounds like a good plan."

"Yeah it should be."

"Are you nervous?"

"About the trial?"

"Yeah, I mean this is a big thing what if something goes wrong?"

"Sure I guess I'm a little nervous but I think everything will be ok one way or another.  I love her, and nothing is going to change that."

"Awe how cute."

"Shut up."  I laugh, after a minute of laughing, he clears his throat to ask another question.

"What made her change her mind?  I mean you said this happened like 2 years ago, why is she doing something about it now?"

"I'm not entirely sure.  We saw him when we went out to dinner and she was really scared.  Dylan said she saw him the other day when she was alone and that he threatened her and he thinks it just tipped her over the edge, you know, made her want to do something about it."

"Yeah that makes sense.  Well, she deffinetly has the right man to back her up now."

I smiled when he punched my arm as he sat down next to me with his bowl of mac-n-cheese and turned on NHL network to see he was the first star of the week, all he did was smile and high five me as he went back to eating his food.  There we sat for the rest of the night, watching NHL network and eating mac-n-cheese.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●
I know New Jersey might actually get a playoff spot this year but in order for this to work I need them to not so sorry.  Lmk what you guys think 💕