47

No one's POV

The day of the trial has arrived and everyone in the building was nervous. Nina was visibly shaking and Nico was trying to calm her down. Dylan was attempting to understand that this was happening and his little sister was finally getting the justice she deserved. Tyler was also nervous, everyone assumed it was because he also knew he was finally getting the justice he deserved too.

"All rise."

The trial seemed to go on forever, with multiple testimonies from each side. Nico describing the night they saw Tyler when the two went out to eat and Dylan saying he had never been so scared in his life when he found Nina and waited for her to come out of surgery. Nina went up to testify and was constantly looking over to Dylan and Nico as she said her statement.

"For years, I didn't know why he did what he did. What did I do wrong? What happened to make him do that? Why? I never knew the answers to these questions that I desperately wanted to know. I know now that it doesn't matter. I know that you will get what you deserve. You kept me from doing what I love for months and the problems you caused me for years, are finally starting to go away. I'm going to get my life back and you won't be in it, and I couldn't be happier about that. The day you threatened me when I was alone I realized how stupid I was being for not wanting to give you the justice you deserved. But now, I'm just glad it's finally happening and I have people to back me up now that we are here."

It was very emotional, she got up and went right between Nico and Dylan, both sitting on the bench in their suits as nervous as she was.

It was Tylers turn to talk and no one really wanted to listen. He stated that he didn't regret it very much. That he didn't plan on even doing it but that in the moment, it was what he wanted and that she was lucky he didn't go any further.

The trial ended and the three walked out of the courthouse together. Nico bends down slightly to kiss Nina on the forehead.

"Everything is going to be ok Nina. I love you."

"I love you too."

They walk together and head back to the apartment to wait for the night to be over to hear the verdict tomorow. Needless to say they played games for half of the night and danced to ease the stress of waiting, and for the first time in a while, Nina felt like a normal kid again.