52

Nico's POV

I woke up really early so I can surprise Nina with something sweet.  The sun on my cheeks as I look outside at the California beaches waiting for an idea.  I grab a shirt and head outside to go for a run before I check the clock, 5:47am. 

I walk outside to see the beautiful sunrise on the beach and that sand starting to feel warm as I start running.

After my run, I went in and showered.  Knowing Nina wouldn't be up for at least another three hours, I decided what I was going to do.  I grabbed my wallet and headed out to the store down the street.  I bought her some flowers and a pineapple drink that was already made so I didn't have to make it.  I put those back in the bathroom at the hotel to see that Zach was awake.

"What are you doing?"

"Something for Nina, when Dylan wakes up just tell him not to come in here."

He nods as I walk out again to find something we could do today.  The first thing I see when I walk outside is surfing, I know she would love to do that.  I went and signed us up for a three o'clock lesson and proceeded to book a dinner reservation at a fancy waterside restaurant for the night.

I came back to the apartment and laid in bed with her reading a book until she woke up.

"Hi baby."  She said as she rolled over to kiss me.

"Hi."

"What are these?"  She says pointing to the flowers sitting on my chest.

"They are for you beautiful.  I got a fun day planned for us."

"Oh Nico you are so sweet."

She went to get in the shower while I helped Dylan and Zach make breakfast, which let me say, we are all equally bad at.  We were staying in a kind of condo on the water, super open and a huge kitchen, even if none of us knew how to use half of it.

"Good morning."  Dylan smiles.

"Morning."

"What are you two going to do today?"

"Nico planned something for us today."

"That's very sweet."

"Why don't you do stuff like that for us?"  Zach laughs.

"Maybe because your not my girlfriend."  Dylan laughs.

"What are we going to do today?"

"Don't know yet.  Well you kids have fun." 

"We will."  Nina tells as we walk out the door.

"So what are we doing today?"  She says as we walk down a boardwalk and over to a Ferris wheel.

"We are having fun."  I laughed as I kissed her forehead and saw the smile reach ear to ear on her face.

We went up on the Ferris wheel and looked at all the beautiful scenery.  After she bought some cotton candy and I bought a water.  I look at my watch and see it's almost 1:00.  We went on a few more ride and left the boardwalk.  We were walking down the beach and I had my bag which little did Nina know, have her bathing suit in it.  She sees the surfing lesson sign and looks at me.

"No way." 

I nod and smile as she jumps around and gives me a kiss.

We head out and of course I look like an idiot because I didn't know how to surf even though the instructor told us how to do everything.  Nina got the hang of it and was so happy when we got back on dry land. 

"Did you see that?!"  She yells excitedly.

"Every minute baby." 

I thank the instructor and we head back to the condo. 

"Shower up baby, the nights not over yet."

She went to shower and I grabbed a dress from her bag and hung it on the door while I went and sat outside talking with Zach and Dylan.  

"Shouldn't you have a suit on if your taking her to dinner?"  Zach laughs.

"Its really hot here, I'm used to the cold."  I shrug as I look down at my sandals, khaki shorts and printed button up shirt.

"We are all used to the cold."  Dylan laughs.

Nina walks out and of course the boys start clapping. I look back at them with a side eye and look over to Nina.

"You look beautiful."  I say as I look her up and down.

"Thank you."  She says as she kisses me.

We walk out and head into the restaurant.  Everything was really pretty and you could see the water from every angle.  We sat down and saw the sun starting to set.  We were eventually eating by the light of the small string lights and candles that were all around the restaurant.  We laughed and talked and laughed again and really just enjoyed eachothers company. 

We got back to the condo around 10:30 and both changed and hopped into bed.  She rolled over and kissed me.

"Thank you so much baby, I love you."

"I love you too.  I would do anything for you."

She fell asleep with her head on my shoulder as I stared at the ceiling not being able to believe how lucky I truly was.