25

Nico's POV

I roll over on the couch and feel around to find Nina but I can't find her, I finally open my eyes and see she isn't there.  I lift up my head and hear faint sounds of cruches hitting the ground in the kitchen and I stand up to see what was going on. 

I see Nina standing in her sweats and tank top from last night, trying to make me breakfast.

"Morning babe."  I walk over and kiss her head.

"Good morning."  She smiles.

"Here let me help."  I grab a plate.

"No Nico I got it."  I watch her try to grab the food and cruch around the kitchen at the same time.  I head over to the cabinet and take out an advil, I've had concussions before and I know her head must hurt.  I put it on her plate before trying to help again.  "Nico, I want to do something nice please let me."

"If you insist."  I sit down and start reading a magazine.  Soon after I hear what sounds like slight stumbling and a thud.  I immediately stand up to find her laying on her good leg on the ground.  "Oh my god Nina are you ok?"  I help sit her up against the cabinet.

"No."  She shakes her head and starts crying. 

"What did you hit?" 

"Nothing.  Nico I'm so scared.  What if I can't skate the same way, what if I can't move the puck well, what if I can't even set foot on the ice again?  You won't want to stick around to be with the girl who can't play anymore, you're going to chase your goals and leave me in the dust."  Before I can respond she is already crying. 

"Baby it's going to be ok, I promise.  You will get back on the ice.  You will be ok.  Ethir way I will love you forever and always be here for you, you know that.  I wouldn't leave you for anything, ever." She wipes her face off and starts to giggle.

"God I hate crying, especially in front of you." 

"It's ok baby.  I love you."

"I love you too."  I kiss her forehead as we sit for a minute.  I help her get up and we head over to the counter as she sits and I finish making breakfast.
We eat and talk about happy things as usual but it is too soon that I have to go back to New Jersey.  I grab my bag and we are standing at the door.

"Until next time, I love you."   I say as I look down at her.

"I love you too nico."  We both lean in for a kiss, but I never want to let go of her.  My hands find her waist and we linger for a minute, I could stay here forever.  Eventually, we both pull away and I head out the door. 

Sitting on the plane looking out the window with nothing but her in my mind.  I miss her so much and I haven't even left her city yet.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●
Lmk what you guys think 💕