27

Dylan's POV

I wake up and check the clock, 8:00am.  The team has a day off today so I'm going with Nina to her first day of rehab for her leg.  I know she's going to be stubborn so I'm just going to take it easy on her.

"Morning Neen."  I crack open her door and I hear a moan.  "We are leaving in 20 minutes."

"I don't want to."

"Come on Nina you have to."

"No." She throws a pillow at the door.

"Nina we are leaving to 20 minutes weather you like it or not."

I come back 20 minutes later to see Nina dressed and ready to leave.  I help her into the car and the ride there is silent, not a word from her while she just stares out the window.  Rehab was pretty much the same way, except for a few answers to questions she was completely silent.  We went out to lunch and all through the meal once again, not a word except for a thank you when she got her food.  She was silent on the ride home too, I know she is upset but she is being a little too quiet.

"Nina,"  I say as she sits down on the couch, "what's wrong with you today?  You were completely silent pretty much the whole day."

"What I can't be quiet?"  She said with some attitude.

"I just want to help."

"You want to help?  Then fix this!"  She yells pointing to her leg.

"Nina I know your mad but..."

"No.  I'm not mad, I'm fucking furious."  Normally I don't like her swearing but I'm going to let it slide.

"Nina," 

"No, don't 'Nina' me, I'm pissed!  And you can't do anything about it so just leave me alone!"

"If that's what you want."

She sighs.  "Dylan, I'm sorry.  I'm just, mad.  And I'm not just mad I'm scared and sad and constantly feel like crying and I just don't know what to do."

I sit down to hug her.  "I know nina, I know."

I help her to her bed since she insists on reading the rest of the night before she goes to bed.

I look over at the clock and see it's 10:30, I should probably head to bed as well. 

I heard a scream, I look over at the clock and see it's 3:07am.  I grab the baseball bat from the corner of my room and run into my hallway trying not to make a sound.  I head into her room and see her freaking out covered in sweat, crying and saying something.

"He's gonna kill me Dylan, you better run he's going to come back and finish me."

"Nina Nina calm down what's going on?"

"He's going to kill me, He's gonna kill me!  Go, go get help or leave he's gonna kill me."

"Nin-"

"He's coming!  Tyler's right there he's going to hurt me!"  She screams and grabs me to protect her, she is crying and holding me as tight as she possibly could.  "He's going to hurt me, and you!"  She squeaks out.

"Nina no one's going to hurt us.  It's ok."

"Dylan please,"  she screeches. "please help me!"

"Nina its going to be ok!"  I shake her and she seems to snap out of her trace like state. 

"Dylan?"  She looks at me and starts crying once again.

"Oh neen."

She continues to cry and hold onto my shirt as tight as she can, eventually she settles down and loosens her grip and I get her to fall asleep.  I head into the kitchen and see her medicine on the counter.  I pick it up and read the side effects.  Side effects may include: stiff muscles, dry mouth, paranoia, hallucinations, nightmares for people with previous PTSD, tiredness, nausea, and headaches.

Of course it was the medicine, I leave it on the counter so I can call her doctor the next day and get her changed to something else.  I hate seeing my baby sister in this much pain.