21

(Kind of what the hit would have looked like ^^^^)

Nico's POV

It's been a little while and I still can't get Nina out of my head.  I smile just thinking about her.

My blissful thoughts of my beautiful girlfriend were interrupted by a text from hall, it was our day off before a road trip after coming back from Dallas so I'm not really sure why he was texting me.

Hallz:
did you hear what
happened

Nico:
What are you talking about?

Hallz:
I'll be over in a few minutes
In the meantime read this:
www.waynestatewomenshockey.
edu.shhfbiagbtnisx/nina-
larkin-gvsu-game-big-hit

I clicked on the link and pulled up an article, I was kind of confused why he was coming over but I mean if he wants to he can.

(Article from Wayne State website)

Forward Nina Larkin out for the rest of the regular season due to illegal check from GVSU defensemen.
January 6th, 2017

At the game against the rivals of Wayne State, Grand Valley State University, tensions were running high between the teams.  Forward for Wayne State, Freshmen Nina Larkin, had the puck and was checked into the boards by GVSU Junior defensemen Megyn Beebe.  The hit was illegal as all checks are in competitive women's leagues, Beebe has been suspended for 10 regular season games.

Larkin has been in the hospital since the game Friday night, suffering injuries to the right leg and a minor concussion. She is expected to be released soon and make a full recovery, likely missing the rest of the regular season.

PHOTO:

Above: Forward Nina Larkin will most likely be out for the rest of the regular season

I put down my phone and start pacing around my apartment worrying about her.  I call, it goes to voicemail.  Right as I set my phone down again I hear a knock on the door, it's Taylor.

"Hey Nic-"  I pulled him inside and continued to freak out.

"What if she isn't ok?  I should go see her, I have time before the next road trip..."  I start mumbling to myself in my first language and Taylor looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Hey."  He grabs my shoulders and stops me, looking in my eyes.  "She will be fine, you can visit her, I talked to coach you don't have to be back until the 11th."  I pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you so much."  I walked away to grab my phone.  I DMed Dylan on Instagram telling him I was coming and went online to buy a plane ticket for first thing tomorrow morning.  I see Taylor standing in the living room looking a little lost. "Do you want anything to eat?"

"Uh yeah, thanks."  I nod. 

"Don't freak out too much kid, she will be fine.  And she has her brother to take care of her too it will be ok." He says as he walks to the kitchen.

"I know I am just worried."  I pause and walk to the kitchen and lean over the counter across from Taylor.  "I think, I think I love her."  I confessed.

"So tell her when you go.  Make sure it's the right time though, don't just blurt it out."

"Thanks man, also thanks for letting me know about this."

"No problem, I figured you would find out eventually you might as well know now so you can go see her."

Soon after he left and I started packing my bag and thinking about how I was going to tell her I loved her. I went bed with my mind racing, but still thinking about her put a smile on my face and a knot in my stomach.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●
Sorry it's short, let me know what you guys think 💕