Prologue: Maybe Just Maybe

Okay, this is my Fall Out Boy fanfiction. In this, Save Rock and Roll has come out, but the boys are younger. Twenty four, twenty five. The main character is nineteen-twenty in this. Enjoyyyy~

Prologue

Sometimes before it gets better,

The darkness gets bigger

The person that you'd take a bullet for

is behind the trigger

Derek Skinner, born under a rich family. The type of kid who could have what he wanted with the flick of his wrist. But me? I'm not anybody special. I'm Cole Wentz, a nobody compared to my brother. I was young and naive, living in the shadows of Pete Wentz as his band was extremely popular. Of course, no one would want me, so that's why I was so stupid. To think that I meant anything to Derek other than another girl. I didn't want that, but he was Derek, and Derek gets what Derek wants.

It was two months ago. Nobody knows but me and Derek because he did it. It was non consensual, and if I tried hard enough, I could press charges, but I wouldn't do so. It would ruin everything for my family. Our parents would be heartbroken. And Pete? I would destroy his image. I could see the headlines if word got out: Pete Wentz's Younger Sister Attacked. But that's what's funny. I wouldn't be identified as Cole or by my full name, Colby. I'd be forever known as Pete Wentz's younger sister. Even if it's about me, it isn't at the same time.

I can remember the night clearly. The heavy bass of the music, a party that Derek had taken me to. Then, the cup he gave me, filled with the beverage that condemned me. I hate to think of it, but the memory visits me vividly at night. It haunts my dreams, reminding me about how much of an idiot I am. To accept the spiked punch. To go to that damn party. To fall in love with Derek Skinner, even if for a few weeks.

And it drives them crazy.

My family knows something is wrong. They hear the screams that I let out in the middle of the night occasionally, and they can tell when I don't sleep. I barely speak to them, and when I do, it's short sentences, tumbling out of my mouth with venom.

I think it worries Pete the most, watching his sister crumble right before his eyes. He's always trying to cheer me up- dragging me around with him and his bandmates. They're all worried about me, unsure of what to make of my sudden change of personality. I can still remember the questions fired at me when I walked through that door, white dress wrinkled, hair disheveled, tears streaming down my face.

And that's why I'm leaning against my window pane, observing my nearly empty bedroom, stripped of its clothes and electronics. I'm going on tour with Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco because I'm a mess, and maybe, just maybe, they could fix me.