Chapter Forty Seven: As Clumsy As You've Been, There's No One Laughing

||Cole Wentz|| First Person||

The ending credits to the Disney film Frozen rolls down the giant flat screen, Demi Lovato's rendition of Let It Go booming through the tour bus and echoing off of the maroon walls as the bright colours lighten up the dark room. It's night at this point, and we all originally planned a movie night where we would stay up, chugging Monster and Red Bull while watching cheesy Walt Disney movies. My eyelids are thick and heavy with sleep as I clutch the half empty Monster can tightly in my hands. I bring the aluminum can to my lips, tilting the drink slightly to let the carbonated energy drink slip into my mouth and bubble as it slides down my throat. I swallow easily, taking another quick gulp before setting the can on the table. If I weren't so tired, I would have snorted at the scenery of the tour bus. Patrick is on the couch opposite of mine, a duvet pulled up halfway his body. His hat is barely staying on his head while his jaw is slack, mouth open wide with snores escaping like a pig.

I'm practically drunk on energy drinks, leave me be.

I find myself wanting to be asleep like Pete and Joe sharing a blanket, Pete's head leaning on Joe's shoulder, or to be decently asleep like Andy, the sweetheart whom is actually donning a shirt for once. But my heart is pounding in my chest from the caffeine, and my fingers are trembling along with my jitteriness. I really shouldn't have drank those two cans.

I slip off of the couch, my sock covered feet padding against the carpeted flooring as I head in the direction of the broken sliding door. My feet are wrapped up in fuzzy socks, but the cold still sinks into them anyways. My trembling fingertips touch the screen door, slowly trying to pull it aside to look out through the bus's windshield.

"Where to next?" I ask the driver in a soft voice. He glances at me quickly, his hands tightening on the steering wheel as he flicks the right indicator on. His blinker flashes as he turns into the right lane, making a turn. We've done quite a lot of shows in Canada at this point, and in a matter of two or three weeks, we'll be in Ontario. Ontario is when we're supposed to do the last couple of shows, since it's a large province in Canada.

"Edmonton." He replies. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Monster and Red Bull." I reply, my hands still trembling at my sides. He smiles, a light laugh passing his lips.

"That stuff can kill you." He comments, glancing at me again. I lean against the door frame, trying to keep my balance as we drive on the curving and uneven streets. "One Monster is the equivalent of four cups of coffee."

"I know," I reply. "But now I can't sleep."

"Hey," he says softly, almost reminding me of my father for a second there in terms of tone. "Drink some water and lay down- it should wear off."

"Thanks," I smile at him, knowing he can see the small gesture from the corner of his eyes. He grins and says goodnight to me as I slowly slip through the crack back into the front lounge, closing the door behind me and heading over to the refrigerator. The fridge makes a soft buzzing hum as I near it, and light explodes but is drowned out by the colours flashing on the television. I grab a mini bottle of water and shut the door, struggling to open the cap before I guzzle down a bit of the thin liquid. I cap the bottle and set it next to my Monster, sitting back in the couch. I pick my cell phone off of the little table next to me, slipping my earphones into my ears as I swipe up to my control centre, hitting play on my music. Almost immediately, Guns For Hands by twenty one pilots starts up. My phone buzzes with a text message from none other than Josh Dun.

J: Cole, are you up?

My fingers glide across my touch screen as I punch in my response: Yup.