Chapter Fifty: And Boy You're So Not The One

||Cole Wentz|| First Person||

This is crazy. This can't be real life, because I'm almost a hundred percent sure that shit like this doesn't happen in real life. But who am I to doubt it when Elisa Yao has a gun digging into my ribcage, ready to shoot me at any moment if I don't follow her every command? It's happening, and trying to push reality away isn't going to do anyone any good.

A gun.

Don't be stupid, Cole.

Your life is on the line.

But isn't this the very life I tried to take weeks upon weeks before? Maybe this is the best- me dying. But it makes me uneasy to say this. Then, I had the choice. I could choose if I wanted to live or not, I could choose at what moment I'd completely let go. Now? My fate lies in the manicured hand tightening around the weapon threatening my life. I don't have any choice, and something about not being in total control scares me.

"Nice gun," I say slowly, my words carefully enunciated as I feel the barrel of a real pistol push into my side. What would happen if she decided to shoot me in the head with this gun, rather than the paintball gun? "Wandered in Daddy's closet and found yourself a new toy?"

Shut up, big mouth.

You're going to get us killed.

"Well, aren't you the smart one?" Elisa giggles, flipping her curly black hair over her shoulder. She lifts her free hand up and flicks her finger to the backdoor. I raise my eyebrow as she speaks. "Get up."

"Why would I?" I say, knowing that I'm being incredibly stupid right now by back talking the person with the ability to take my life away in a second. But my mouth keeps moving, because Elisa Yao will not dare take this from me. If I'm going to die, I'm going down swinging. "It's quite stupid, actually. Get up and wander out into a dark alley with a psycho? I think I like it in here. People, witnesses, security? Sounds good to me."

"I'll shoot." Elisa warns me, her sick smile twisting and warping into a look of annoyance. I smile at that, regardless of the fact that I'm pissing off the girl with a gun pressed into my side and her finger on the trigger. When I shift slightly in my seat, the gun is jamming into my side, harder than before. I inhale sharply.

"In a room full of people?" I say in mock exasperation. "I wouldn't put it past you to do stupid shit, but you do realize that I'm safer here than wherever the hell you expect me to go?"

"Well, I guess it's quite obvious that you don't care for your life," Elisa says, smiling widely as if she just thought of the best thing ever. "So how about I try someone else?" When the words pass her lips, I'm sitting up straighter, giving her all the courage to keep talking. "Hm, who's the closest person to us right now?" My eyes widen in shock when she glances back a few meters, where Patrick, Hayley, and Tyler stand talking and laughing. Just when the pressure on my side relaxes the slightest bit, I panic. She can't shoot them. She can't kill them. The mere threat and idea of them lying on the floor, a bullet in their heads, terrifies me beyond belief.

"I'll go," I say quickly, and I can't believe that I just gave in like that. But Elisa grins in victory as she stands up, motioning for me to follow as well. I grab my phone off the table when she turns her head, and my fingers are flying when I hit the audio record button. I stuff my phone into my bra quickly, thanking God I didn't have a Samsung, mainly because of the size. Elisa turns back to me, looking triumphant almost that she finally got me. Her hand wraps around my wrist, squeezing it tightly in her left hand as her right holds the gun to my side. I let her lead me through the crowd and then to the back door. How nobody sees the gun hidden between us is beyond me. The second the heavy metal door to the club slams shut behind us, Elisa is shoving me into the black alley wall, her gun out and trained at my head. I stumble,my back slamming into the wall. I look down at my Doc Martens, or Hayley's to be specific, trying to regain my balance.