Chapter Fifty Six: As Long As You're Here With Me, I Know I'll Be Okay

||Cole Wentz|| First Person||

The sound of gravel crunching beneath the all season, heavy duty tires of the tour bus is drowned out by the soft rumble of the engine. The bunk is dark, my eyes opening and slowly beginning to adjust to the darkness of the small compartment. Patrick is on my right, his arm draped lightly over my stomach and one still on the top of my hair, where he was stroking before we fell asleep. But it's four AM, and I'm shaking in his arms, trying to blink back the tears pricking the corners of my eyes.

"Patrick," I whisper softly, my voice cracking as I bring my hand to rest on top of his own, shaking it softly. He doesn't respond, so I do it again. "Patrick, please wake up."

"What's the- what's the... what's wrong?" His eyes shoot open, and his eyes are dark with sleep. He looks like he might just fall back asleep until he sees the tears behind my eyes and the distressed look creasing my features. "Nightmare?"

"Yeah," I whisper, nodding my head. Patrick frowns, lying back down next to me. He wraps his arm around me and pulls my body up against his, holding me close. I bury my face into his navy shirt, inhaling the thick scent of him. I smile softly when he resumes stroking my hair, humming quietly.

"Do you want to talk to me about it?" He asks me softly, his voice low because everyone else was asleep.

"Same one as last night." I tell him, the pads of my fingers brushing the tears from the cornea of my eye. "You know, the regular one. The scary one." I was talking about that recurring nightmare of Derek, the one that traumatizes me with that period of time that I couldn't help myself. Patrick inhales sharply at that, and I suck in my lower lip. "Could you just talk to me?"

"That doesn't need to be a question, considering I'm always here for you to talk to." Patrick begins. "You know something?" Patrick whispers, his lips brushing my cheekbone. I smile at the feel of his body so close to my own, closing my eyes as I listen to him. "I want you to know that I'll hold you up above everyone, because I think that you'd be good to me, and I'd be so good to you."

"I will be," I tell him. "because I don't think I've ever loved anyone to the point it hurts."

"So you know how it feels?" Patrick chuckles, and I nod my head. "Because dear God, Cole, I can't be without you."

"I love you," I whisper, and he smirks, kissing me softly.

"I love you, too, Porcelain." He responds, his mouth still over mine. "Let's try to sleep, okay?"

"I can't," I whisper.

"Do you want me to sing for you?" When I nod against him, he blows out a breath of cool air. "What song?"

"Anything."

"Stay for tonight
If you want to
I can show you
What my dreams are made of,
as I'm dreaming of your face
I've been away for a long time
Such a long time
And I miss you there
I can't imagine being anywhere else
I can't imagine being anywhere else but here

How the hell did you ever pick me?
Honestly, I could sing you a song
But I don't think words can express your beauty
It's singing to me
How the hell did we end up like this?
You bring out the beast in me
I fell in love from the moment we kissed
Since then we've been history

They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
Please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken
But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever with me