Chapter Fifty Five: I'm Dying To Live, Something's Gotta Give

||Cole Wentz|| First Person||

Wake me up,

Say enough is enough

I'm dying to live

Something's gotta give

Pull me out of this sinking town

I'm dying to live

Something's gotta give

--

"Let's do something." Patrick says in exasperation, a smile tugging the corners of his mouth up and into a smile. I tilt my head up to look at him, eyebrows raised. Patrick blushes slightly, taking his bottom lip into his mouth and clamping his teeth on it. My breathing hitches just the slightest bit.

"Like what? We literally just got back home." Home. At this point, hotels and bunks are my home; something I've grown accustomed to. It was probably an hour after we got back and actually rested because of the Science Centre trip(we had so much fun), and I just wanted to go eat something again. That's my stomach- a vortex that sucks everything in and burns it into particles. I know I ate hours before, but I'm still hungry.

"I don't know. Can we at least just go outside?" Patrick whines, jutting out his bottom lip in an effort to persuade me into taking a walk with him. I sigh in defeat, making him smile and give me a big kiss on the cheek. "Put your shoes on!" He squeals excitedly.

Twenty minutes later, Patrick and I are pushing the front doors to the hotel open together, our fingers interlocked and tight around each other's hand. I blush when he leads me down the sidewalk, keeping me close to his side. "Are you hungry?

"Kind of," I reply, looking down and smiling slightly. My stomach grumbles almost on cue, and he chuckles.

"Tim Hortons?" He asks, and I snort at how much he's become addicted to the restaurant. I nod my head nevertheless, a smile on my face as we continue to walk down the paved street to the nearest Tim Hortons, which was just a few intersections over. The sun was going down, a dark blue taking over and dominating the sun, leaving a romantic tint to the city. Store signs were now turned on, lights glowing and street lamps turning on. The leaves were swaying in the cool breeze that's been blowing my hair back and behind me. I reach up with my free hand and tug my beanie further down my dark hair, keeping the short hair without extensions at bay.

"Okay, what do you want?" He asks me when he opens the door to the popular breakfast, letting me duck under his arm and step in. His hand rests on the small of my back protectively as he brings me closer to him. I smile at him and peck his lips lightly.

"Just a chocolate dip donut and... an Ice Cappuccino." I tell him. "With cream." I add, and he giggles before we're up next in line. Patrick spouts out are order and proceeds to pay with his debit card, pushing it into the machine, choosing an account, and punching in his pin. When the transaction is approved, he removes his card and slips it back into his wallet, smiling at the cashier when he hands him the receipt. A couple of minutes later(more like two minutes), we get out food and drinks and move to a table.

"I still can't believe how good their bagels are," Patrick tells me with a smile, and I nod my head in agreement.

"But the Ice Capps, though." I smirk when he reaches out and takes my drink, sipping it shortly before practically moaning. My face flushes a bit too much.

"That is amazing." He says, reaching up to fix his hat. He runs his fingers through his hair, fixing the bangs before setting his hat back on his head. I nod my head, smiling before taking a sip of my drink- the same straw he drank from. My stomach flips around at the thought that 'oh my God, this dweeb is my boyfriend.'