Chapter One: Shoulda, Woulda, Couldn't

Hey guys. First chapter of my FOB Fanfiction. Below the cover, there should be a button that says External link. I'll be putting the chapter's outfit there where you'll be taken to Polyvore.com. So, yeah.

Chapter One

And I've lost who I am

And I can't understand

Why my heart is so broken

Rejecting your love

"Cole, your brother is waiting for you!" My father's strong voice carries its way to me, up in my room. I snap out of my daze to the sound of footsteps outside my bedroom. I push myself off of the window sill and walk over to my bedroom door, pulling it open just as Pete is about to knock. I look up at him, seeing him drop his hand to his side.

"You ready?" He asks me, peering into my room. I shrug wordlessly and grab the handles of my duffel bags just for Pete to take the two bags out of my hands.

"C'mon," he smiles at me, leading me down the stairs and into the living room.

"There she is!" Our mother smiles wide as she pushes herself off of the one seater sofa. She embraces me in a hug, pulling me close to her chest. I hug back, regardless if I don't really interact verbally with these people. I still sort of care.

"I'm gonna miss you guys," she comments, rubbing his dark brown hair and my orange locks. Pete lets out a laugh but I don't respond. When her hands leave my straight hair, I immediately adjust the beanie sliding off.

"Well, I'll see you big kids in three months. Pete, take care of your sister." Mom tells us as if Pete didn't know that he was supposed to.

"And by take care, she means make sure no strange boys bother her." Dad says, standing up. Too late, I think to myself.

"I can take care of myself." I grumble, but I know deep in my heart that that is nowhere near true. They all laugh it off, ignoring the poisonous tone in my voice.

"Well, we're off." Pete says, hugging our parents one more time. I'm pulled into the hug, against my will, of course.

What was I like before Derek Skinner?

I can't remember.

----

"So, here's the plan- we'll be touring both here and in Canada, so like halfway through the tour, we'll be going to Canada." Pete rambles off, his eyes locked onto the road before him, watching for any sudden movements that were unusual. I shrug, turning my head to face the window. I bite my lip as I watch trees and houses, plazas and stores zooming by.

Not too long after, Pete and I are arriving at some nearly empty lot where he parks his car. The only other vehicles are these huge buses, which I'm guessing are their tour buses. I really didn't want to be here, but considering I'm still nineteen and living under my parents' roof, I can't do anything about it. (A/N: remember, the boys of Fall Out Boy are younger in this. Still 2014, but they're twenty five, twenty four etc.)

Pete cuts the engine and the gust of cool air the air conditioner was blowing stops suddenly. I don't look at Pete, even if I feel him looking at me.

"I know there is something wrong, Cole, and I promise you that we will find out." The happy grin that was always perched on Pete's face is replaced with a look of complete seriousness. I finally look at him from the corner of my eye as I speak, my voice hoarse but strong. "There is nothing wrong."

"Sure," Pete rolls his eyes before unlocking his door, stepping out and bouncing up on his heels as he adjusts his skinny jeans. I sigh heavily before grasping the door handle, pushing the door outwards and getting out. I pull my sweater's hem down a bit before shutting the door.