Chapter Thirty Eight: I Know It Won't Ever Change, But It Hurts The Same

Dedication goes to Phanlocked for making me laugh with all the comments!

||Cole Wentz|| First Person||

My trembling fingers adjust the black strap of my Canon camera, pulling the strap over my head and letting the camera rest on my chest. I pick up the camera and scroll through the various pictures and videos on it, mainly of the bands and then the little vlogs of the others and me. I adjust the lens, checking if it was the right one, before sitting down and facing the camera in my direction. I pop the screen out and flip it to face me, letting me see if I am both centered, and that I look good.

We are at Superfly Ziplines, and we finished four of the six tandem Ziplines. The first two were like training basically, so you can get a feel for the 'revolutionary' breaking system. We are now getting ready for the fifth one, the extremely fast one as they call it. I was not excited at all, but going with Patrick on nearly each trip calmed me down enough to take pictures of the scenery and of my boyfriend having the time of his life. Almost our whole group was on the other side of the zip line already- the only people left being Andy and Dallon, Pete and Ryan, and me and Patrick.

I hit record, smiling weakly at the camera for a second. "So, we're at Superfly Ziplines right now. It apparently hosts one of the longest and highest ziplines in Canada, which is over maybe a kilometre or so. That's pretty long for a zip line, anyways." I say, glancing at Pete getting hooked up in his quite comfortable harness. He seems to be making jokes with one of the workers, a girl. She has dirty blonde hair, and at the right angle, I notice a blue tint to her eyes, a bright contrast to her slightly pale skin. I smile slightly at how Pete's speaking with her, almost like he was infatuated with the girl.

"So, we're on our fifth line. This one is basically really steep but not longer than the others. It's incredibly fast, so I'm probably going to be covering my eyes on it." I laugh, running my hands through my hair. I glance at the screen, double checking if I am still centered. "And I think Pete's got a little crush." I flip the screen and turn the camera in Pete's direction, watching him nervously rub the back of his neck as the girl speaks. Now that I think about it, she seems quite familiar. Pete catches me video taping him and very kindly flips his middle finger up at me. I return the gesture with a smirk. The girl looks in my direction, and my eyes nearly bug out. I recognize the girl immediately- how could I not? Chelsea Evans- our old neighbour and Pete's old crush. I internally squeal but externally, I only smile at her, waving. She smiles back widely and waves, probably saying my name. I flip the screen to my Canon again, turning it back to face me.

"So, Pete's an assbutt, no questions further needed." I say. "Oooh, Andy and Dallon are going!" I turn my camera to face the two, watching as they practically soar down the line, screaming at the top of their lungs(lungs, lungs).

"You're going to kill the battery before you even get to the Treetop Adventures." Patrick says, sitting down next to me on the ground. I grin as he takes the camera from me and says hi to the future viewers, rambling about how I'm an irresponsible cutey. Needless to say, I was freaking cherry red the whole time he spoke.

"That's why there's such thing as packing extra Canon batteries just in case I can't charge them." I sass him, popping the screen back into place and hitting stop. My camera doesn't even land on my chest before Patrick is leaning closer to me, his lips brushing my ear the slightest bit. I inhale shakily at the feel of him so close.

"Don't look now, but Elisa is here." Patrick tells me, forcing a smile as he pulls back. I nod, accepting the information better than I thought I would.

"Great opportunity for me to kill her." I joke, making Patrick genuinely laugh. He leans forward and presses his lips to my own, his hand resting behind my neck, giving him all control of the kiss. I smile against his lips, earning a similar response to him.