Chapter Fourteen: She Paints Her Fingers With A Close Precision

OH MY GOODNESS OVER A HUNDRED VOTES THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!

||Cole Wentz|| First Person ||

"You know, if you like it, I'll buy it for you." Patrick tells me as I search through a pile of light washed skinny jeans for my size in Bluenotes. After finding a size seven, I turn my head to him.

"I can buy my own jeans, you know. I'm not broke." I sass the older boy. He laughs lightly.

"Well, I want to." Patrick retorts, a cute smile on his face as he picks the jeans up from my hands and places it on top of a pair of black jeans he's retrieved for himself. "And you can't stop it."

"I swear, shopping with you is worse than shopping with Pete." I tell him, rolling my eyes at the boy. He grins cheekily at that, reaching up to grab a plain black t-shirt for himself in a large.

"Nah, I think Pete's worse. First of all, he'll drag you to every store in the mall with him, and then he'll go ahead and buy anything you even set your eye on for you, even if you're not all that into it." Patrick laughs, making me smile a small one. "I mean, he can be a total douche sometimes, but a lot of the times, he's too generous for his own good. I think that's why Ashlee Simpson and him broke up."

"Oh really?" I raise an eyebrow at him as I crouch down to analyze a really cute pull over sweater.

"Well, Ashlee is a really sweet girl, to be honest, but I felt like sometimes she'd take advantage of how giving Pete was to her." Patrick tells me, snatching up the sweater I am looking at and putting it into the pile, not even caring that with my thirty dollar jeans and the fifteen dollar top, he's spending over forty dollars on just me.

"That is possible. But at least they sorted out their differences in a healthy way for Bronx." I add after narrowing my eyes and glaring at him for taking the sweater. He shrugs, a grin on his face.

"Exactly. And the thing is, I don't know if I'd ever be able to do the same with Elisa." Patrick says to me, looking at yet another pair of black skinny jeans for himself. That boy is obsessed with his black jeans.

"What do you mean?" I ask, straightening up and following him to where he's searching for his size in the pile yet again.

"I mean, if things were to ever go sour between us, knowing her temper and behaviour, I'm not a hundred percent sure that she'd allow me to share custody of the child." Patrick says, shrugging his shoulders as if to say he is completely unsure. I can't help but say what I do next.

"Then what's the point of getting married in the first place to her?" I blurt out. Patrick looks over at me and furrows his eyebrows with an uneasy smile.

"What do you mean?" It's his turn to ask me that.

"I mean, why get married to her if you're already thinking about divorcing her?" I ask. Patrick looks away and studies the fabric of the second pair of black jeans he picked up. He hesitates, almost putting it back but keeping it instead. "If you truly love her, you shouldn't be worried about those things- you should be having trust that your love will keep you two together."

"But you always should think about what you're getting yourself into." Patrick says defensively.

"You say it like it's a bad thing, 'Trick. Do you really, honest to God, love her like you say you do?" I ask him, making him look down and study his sneakers. I turn around and walk back over to the female's section, skimming through a rack of cute red zip up sweaters.

"I don't know, Cole." Patrick says, crossing the room and standing next to me, once again annoying the hell out of me by taking the sweater I am looking at and putting it on top of his jeans.