Chapter Fifty One: I'm The Option You Shouldn't Have Chosen

||Cole Wentz|| First Person||

The sound of the bullet escaping its confinement of the gun is enough to scare the absolute shit out of me. I squeeze my eyes shut and inhale sharply, waiting for the initial shock of the bullet lodged in my head to pass. But I don't feel dead. I don't feel a bullet lodged in my head. When I avert my eyes up to Derek, he's smiling at me, the gun resting on my head but the barrel tilting upwards.

He didn't shoot me.

I'm alive.

Okay, Cole, you've been gifted another chance.

This time, shut your big mouth.

"Oops," he says cheekily. "Guess I'm a bad shot, huh?" That was a lie. Derek was anything but a bad shot. Back when we were younger, his father would always take him and his brothers out hunting. Derek had the best shot in the family, next to his father, of course. He missed on purpose. He doesn't want to kill me. Why doesn't he want to kill me?

I'm still shaking, my eardrum feeling like it almost bursted. I could feel a little bit of blood trickle out of my ear slightly, but no other damage has really been caused. Elisa, who is still guarding the back door with her gun aimed at me, speaks. "Why didn't you kill her?"

"New plan." Derek says. "Go back in the night club and keep lookout. Cole and I are going to be going somewhere." I flinch at the words leaving his lips. I am not going anywhere with Derek bloody Skinner. Derek reaches his hand underneath my hair, pulling out one of the earrings Kate lent me. He tosses it to Elisa, who just barely catches it. "Show that to them when the time is right. Lure the boyfriend to where we're going. Maybe then I can get her to actually comply, having someone else's life in danger." Elisa raises her eyebrows but nonetheless turns the safety back on. She stuffs her gun back into her purse, pulling open the heavy door and slipping away. At that moment, I feel almost bad for Elisa Yao. In fact, I pity her. Does she honestly think that Derek won't hurt her the way he assaulted me? Does she honestly believe that he loves her the way he claims to? She's blinded by her own stupidity, and there is nothing sadder than that.

"Patrick is smart," I tell him, "he isn't going to follow Elisa."

"Oh, he will." Derek smiles, brushing his hair to the side.

"So, Elisa's your new pet?" I ask, shaking my head in disgust and trying to get under his skin. My voice is shaking with anger and annoyance, my words coated with malice. Derek smirks, biting his bottom lip. "Poor girl thinks you actually love her, doesn't she?"

"Just like you did, right?" He smiles at me, and the meter of hate for Derek probably breaks at that moment, surpassing the highest mark and rocketing off into infinity. My fists clench at my sides. "But the thing is, I don't like her either." Derek's fingers catch under my chin, and he's tilting my head up slightly. "I can't say that I don't like you, though."

"Sad day for you, then." I mutter, pure venom seeping out along with my words. Derek rolls his eyes, and I'm trembling with rage. "Because all I feel for you is hatred."

"Hate's a strong word, Cole." He laughs lightly, not like the creepy old man laugh or the psychotic, demonic serial killer laugh, but a human laugh. I shake my head, grabbing his hand and tearing it away from my face. "Let's go."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I growl venomously, trying to yank away from him. Derek scoffs in annoyance.

"It's cute when you act like you have a choice." Derek teases me, pulling his gun away from me. At that second, I pull my leg backwards and try to give him a boot in the groin, something to give me a head start to breakout into a run. But before I can, he's bringing his gun up and smashing the butt of it into my temple. Pain shoots through my nerves, and a massive headache erupts almost instantly. My vision blurs just enough for me to make out the smile on his face before I black out.

||Patrick Stump|| First Person||

I bring the rim of my plastic cup to my lips, taking a small sip of the cold water. Some overproduced dance beat is blasting over the speakers, and there are far too many young adults grinding up on each other to it. It was somewhat unnerving, watching all the drunk people. I glance back at Hayley and Tyler, listening to them again. It takes less than a minute for my eyes to wander away from the friends I was laughing with a moment ago. Something just doesn't feel right all of a sudden.

"Guys." I say suddenly, cutting them off from continuing our conversation. I'm squinting my eyes, trying to see past the crowd. "Where's Cole?"

"She's at the bar-" Hayley's voice falters the slightest bit when she looks behind her. Hayley was with Cole a few minutes prior, so it's strange to see her gone, almost like she vanished. Where is she? I take a final sip of my water, setting the basically empty cup down on the table. I have no intention to finish it anymore. I reach up and pick my hat up, fixing my hair slightly before I put it back over my head.

"She might be with the others." Tyler says slowly, just as much worry evident in his tone of voice and his eyes like my own. He turns his head and bites his bottom lip, looking over the crowd just the slightest bit. Him and Josh know about the phone call from Elisa, and sure, maybe we might be over exaggerating a bit much, but she's still being threatened. Disappearing suddenly while under threat screams something is wrong. I follow the two as we push our way through the crowds, looking for our friends. Eventually, we come across Pete, Brendon, Andy, Josh, and Taylor.

"Have you seen Cole?" I ask desperately. Pete's eyebrows shoot up in suspicion. Concern coats his features almost instantaneously.

"Wasn't she at the bar?" Pete stands up on his tip toes to try and see over the heads, just to see that his sister is no longer there.

"She disappeared." Tyler says, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his skinny jeans. A beast is practically summoned and unleashed when Pete hears that, but before anyone can say anything, a loud gunshot sounds. Most people ignore it, not thinking much about it because they're too busy dancing, but I'm turning around so fast and freaking out.

"We have to find her." I say, and nobody disagrees. Taylor runs off to go and get the others, and I'm heading over to the bar, where Cole was. Maybe someone saw her?

"Excuse me," I ask, waving at the bartender. He slides the cup he was drying underneath the counter before he takes the time to acknowledge me and my impending issue. "Have you seen a girl, about my height, brown hair, plain black dress?"

"I think she left through the back door with some other girl." He answers, turning around and busying himself with collecting the empty shot cups on the counter. My hands are on the counter, and I'm leaning forward just the slightest bit, demanding for more answers.

"What did the other girl look like?" I plead, my hands shaking on the smooth, polished bar. Pete puts his hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down.

"Her," he points dismissively behind us, and my head spins around so fast when I see Elisa Yao standing behind me, a smile on her face.

"Looking for someone?" She smiles at me, lifting up something and dangling it. Cole's earring.

"Where is my sister?" Pete growls, his face red and his eyes dark with anger. I know for a fact from all of these years of friendship that when Pete gets mad, people get hurt. He's dangerous when he's like this, but I can't blame him.

"Make one wrong move, and she's dead." Elisa smirks cockily.

-/::\-

OKAY SOME SERIOUS SHÎT IS GOING DOWN NEXT CHAPTER YOU ARE GOING TO HOPEFULLY SEE SOME BADASS COLE DEPENDING ON IF IM NICE ENOUGH

Anyways, this book is number tWO ON THE FALL OUT BOY TAGS LIKE THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG

So, please comment, vote and thank you for everything!

-Stay Classy, Young Volcanoes

•LeaveNoWordsUnspoken