Chapter Forty Nine: What A Twisted, Twisted, Twisted Game

||Cole Wentz|| First Person||

"There," Hayley lets out in a soft breath, pulling her mascara wand of magic back and away from my eyes- more specifically, my eyelashes. I don't dare blink, mainly because I didn't want my eyelashes to stick together in this thick web of black ink. Hayley smiles her big smile, dropping the wand back into the tube and twisting it shut. She slides the tube on the desk, grinning as she examines me like an artist does their canvas. "You look amazing."

"Dude, it's just a party," I comment, making Kate swivel her head from her spot on Chelsea's bed. Anna is sitting next to me and Hayley on, of course, Hayley's bed. I almost jump at how fast she's turned, and if looks could kill? Well....

"It isn't just a party! This is like huge- how many times do you get to say you partied at a Toronto Nightclub?" Kate beams, stars twinkling in her eyes. I sigh and am about to flop backwards onto the bed before Hayley is grabbing me, mumbling something about ruining my hair. "And a classy one at that?"

"Drinking and dancing to Top 40 music isn't classy." I respond to her, my gaze wandering up to the brown bangs of mine falling lightly on my forehead. I look back down and look at the faces that belong to my best friend, old friend, and the two acquaintances I've acquired in the past few weeks- thanks due to Chelsea, of course. My lips part slightly before I speak. "Do I have to go?"

"Yes, you do." Chelsea says, taking her blonde hair out of its elaborate and twisted bun. She wraps the scrunchie hair tie around her wrist, letting her hair bounce freely as it cascades down her back. "You'll have fun."

"No, I won't." I reply, pinching a strand of my hair and examining it. Hayley went all out on me these past few hours- straightening my messy hair and adjusting my bangs just the right way. She did my eye makeup like a pro and finished the rest of my makeup as well, treating me like a doll the whole way through. I don't know, I guess I looked decent for once, but that wasn't convincing me at all to go. My stomach has been hurting all day, thinking about tonight. Yesterday, Josh and Tyler flew in from Columbus, Ohio, and Josh and Tyler were happy enough to tag along with us to go to the Ontario Science Centre. It was fun- the exhibits were very interactive and somehow educational. There was this one exhibit that featured this thing called the Confined box. There were two of them, due to popular demand, and basically you step into there and close the door. You press the button inside the box, which is lit up by one light bulb at the very top, and a tape plays that proceeds to explain how during slavery, human beings were put into boxes like these and shipped off to the United States or so. And then, the wall starts to move closer towards you, making the box smaller and smaller and more cramped than before. I freaked out because I didn't know when it would stop or if it would stop, and Josh Dun was in the other box at the same time, stuck between screaming and laughing. After that, we went up to the store at the top level called Mastermind Toys. We were looking for cute souvenirs and such to take back to our homes and families, and Patrick wanted to buy this slushie maker, but he decided against it. I think the others bought stuff for their family members- I know that Josh bought a matching shirt for his sister as well. When we got back to the hotel, Pete and Brendon decided that it was their turn to choose what we'd be doing the next day. Clubbing. Typical- I wouldn't put it past them. "I don't know, something is telling me it's a bad idea."

"Yes, you will." Hayley says, taking my trembling hands into her own warm ones. She smiles widely at me, her eyes twinkling with excitement. Do they not feel it? Do they not have that gut instinct that something is going to happen? "We're going to get incredibly drunk and listen to terrible music and have a good time, because we need it. Everyone is going to be there, and it will all be okay, okay?"

"I know, but-"

"No buts, party pooper." Anna grins at me, biting her bottom lip and knocking my shoulder with her own. "Get into your dress and let's go."