Chapter Forty Six: I Put My Faith In You- So Much Faith

||Cole Wentz|| First Person||

God, where do I even start from here? It's been sometime since you last spoke to me, or Anastasia, or Eliot. We miss you, and when we heard that you attempted, I felt terrible because we couldn't come to visit you in Canada. Eliot is trying to stop cutting, but Anastasia found him doing it when the news of you almost dying came to us. Cole, I miss you so much. We're trying to get the money we need to take a flight to Toronto, Ontario to visit you guys. Then we can all come back to Chicago at the same time. Your mom and dad are so tired and exhausted- I make sure to visit them everyday to check in on them. Your parents are thinking of visiting with us to check on how you've been doing, just because.

I can't wait until I see you,

Skye Black.

That's the sixth card I read, the ones previously read closed and neatly stuffed back into their envelopes. This one is a singing card- the second you open it, a cute nursery rhyme tune plays. Of course, Skye would buy me that. I smile, shaking my head and biting my lip.

Anastasia and Eliot. I didn't mention them, did I? The duo are like two peas in a pod. Anastasia Clockwork had her own issues- her mom and dad died in a hit and run accident. The killer was never found, and Anastasia was put into foster care, where she was juggled from home to home until she turned eighteen and was kicked out of the system. I remember when we were in Grade four, and our teacher said we all had to write a condolence card to Anastasia when she returned to school. Nobody really understood what happened until we matured as much as a fifth grader could mature. She remained in contact with me after we graduated, but her time was always consumed by a boy by the name of Eliot Echo, AKA her Sherlock. Eliot came from a broken, domestic home. He resorted to cutting as his way out when he had no one and couldn't tell anyone about the things he went through. After he turned eighteen, he set out for adventure, getting a job, an apartment, and meeting Anastasia at a Foo Fighters concert. The two are practically made for each other, which is extremely cute.

"How do you feel?" Patrick asks, sitting on the chair next to me in the back lounge while I open envelope after envelope, placing the unread ones on the table. My fingers are working on placing the handwritten card into its envelope neatly.

"Stupid." I reply shortly, grabbing another card, this time from Gabe Saporta, Pete's friend. I almost laugh at the contents, a couple of jokes and a monkey with a stupid hat on dancing because it's one of those moving cards. I close the card, fumbling with opening up the envelope. I shove the card in, folding the flap and putting it into the read pile. Patrick is looking at me, a soft smile curving his lips up slightly. He reaches forward, his finger taking a strand of my hair and folding it over and over again around his finger. I smile as he rewinds, and then he wraps it around his finger.

"There's that smile." Patrick whispers softly, my heart jumping in my chest. I turn my head to look at him, but Patrick has other plans because he's pressing his mouth to mine lightly. Our lips move in synchronization, an insanely euphoric feeling coming from deep within my bones and shocking every single nerve in my body. I refrain from gasping, simply digging the nails of my fingers into my palm.

"Patrick," I mumble against his mouth. He makes a cute, 'hm?' sound. "I'm so sorry."

"What, for having feelings? Don't worry about it." Patrick whispers back to me, his fingers tracing the lining of my jaw. He kisses me again, smiling against my lips. I blush and grin as I let his soft yet calloused fingers brush lightly against my skin.

"Let's keep reading." I say, pulling back and smiling as I reach for another card. Patrick blushes and looks down, nodding his head and wrapping his arm around my shoulders, pulling me back to lean on him as we continue to read card after card.