Chapter Nineteen: Nobody Said This Would Be Easy

A HUNDRED FOLLOWERS AND NOW OVER TWO HUNDRED VOTES!? THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SO SO MUCH! I'm going to start dedicating these chapters to people, so this chapter goes out to MrBendezedrine for all her lovely support and amazing comments!

||Cole Wentz||First Person||

I'm unsure of what happens next, to be honest. It's all blurry and spotty.

Elisa is crying now, tears of anger and frustration crawling their way down her perfectly tanned skin. I don't know why she's crying; she isn't the one who's suffering like this.

I let my hands claw their way up to my throat, gasping and spluttering blood for oxygen, sweet oxygen. At this rate, I'm terrified that my panic will make me stop breathing. Is this what death feels like? I hold onto my neck, coughing violently as I struggle to keep myself awake. Keep myself alive.

"You-" Pete's enraged, his voice shaking with anger as he tries to pretty much tackle Elisa into the ground. He probably doesn't care at this point that he would be hitting a girl; his little sister is bleeding on the ground because of that girl. Dallon and Jeremy hold Pete back, their faces filled with shock and worry and all sorts of crazy emotions that I'm too out of it to name. It hurts. Everything hurts.

"I'm sorry," Elisa is sobbing, her voice all nasally with pure regret lacing her words. It confuses me that she's all upset about beating my stomach in with a paintball gun. "I don't know... Colby, I'm so sorry,"

The referees are there now, kneeling next to Elisa and me. One of them finally gets Elisa to stand up and follow her out of the arena, probably to question why she bludgeoned me half to death. I couldn't care less, though. I don't think I could ever forgive her for this.

"Please," Patrick's sobbing, and when my eyes shut, I feel him lifting my head up and onto his lap. "Please don't leave me, Cole." My heart wrenches at those words, and holy shit, I feel like I could actually survive this attack for a mere second. But then the nausea and the pain come over me in a new wave, and I'm crying and choking on my own tears.

"She needs medical attention immediately." The other worker says, taking in my physical state. "I'm guessing that damage has been done to her stomach and maybe her lungs. All I know is that she needs to get to the hospital or else she could either over bleed or- if her lungs are ruptured- her lungs could fill up and she could die."

Hearing that, Hayley bursts out into tears, covering her face with her hands. She hits the ground on her knees and keeps sobbing, Taylor wrapping her up into a hug.

Pete is next to me and Patrick now, the rage subsiding and melting into sorrow. Tears are falling down his cheeks, but he can't make a sound. I know that feeling; a lump forms in your throat and all of a sudden you can't talk, you can't breathe, you can't do anything but sit there and hope it goes away. Patrick, on the other hand, is stroking my hair back and wiping my tears away while crying uncontrollably.

"Come on, we called an ambulance." A male worker is stopping by us, gesturing for the others to help me up. Before anyone else can even touch me, I'm holding on to Patrick and gasping for air. I can't breathe. I truly can't breathe at all.

"Here," Ryan says, kneeling down in front of me and Patrick. He scoops his arms under me- one under my knees and the other supporting my back. The second I lose contact with Patrick, I feel far too empty, and that's when it hits me.

I like Patrick Stump.

But there's no time to be pondering such petty thoughts when I'm losing consciousness slowly, ever so slowly. Ryan tucks my face into the crook of his neck and best guy friend number three(Brendon's number two, and you can guess who number one is) scent fills up my nostrils.